ot : RACISM...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
elxicano

Re: ot : RACISM...

Post by elxicano » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:56 pm

Tone Deft wrote:I also like hanging out at the beach, checking out the scene, the cars and the whatnot. ;)

There is nothing like summertime in Cali. Cali ends the debate. The only thing is that in SF, you just can't be too sure you're looking at a girl. :lol:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:58 pm

yeah, as if NYC doesn't have a tranny scene... :roll:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:01 pm

b0unce wrote:Too Long
;
Did Not Read

BTW, americans talkin' about immigration & racism is funny as shit. it's like mongrel dogs trying to eat their own ears and then describing the taste.

HOLLAH!

Was reading back and found this... I guess you beat me to it.

Really this sums it up for me too. I'm an American (a legal one) and at least I can see the irony or hypocrisy of the subject.

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:03 pm

stringtapper wrote:It wasn't illegal then because the tribes didn't have the weaponry needed to make it illegal. Violence will solve somebody's problems in the end. I have native blood in me, so it's not something I necessarily enjoy knowing happened, but the past is the past. The cop right now has the weaponry needed to make some things I would like to do enforceably illegal.

Precisely, of course. The old notion that this country was founded on a bunch of douche bags is a HUGE crock of crap. The truth is that the extremely WRONG treatment of the Native Indians came LONG after the initial settling of those that first came here. The Indians fought along side those early settlers against the British and French in an effort to secure the new establishment and protect it from Euro tyrants. That's because they were on excellent terms and traded peacefully with them.

When the Indians were brutalized, savagely tortured and run off their own land, it was more of the violent power infested and corrupt
"authoritative" bullshit that followed, not began, the US.

The illegal immigration issue in the United States and other countries around the globe is NOTHING like the situation in the US when it began.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:04 pm

Tone Deft wrote:yeah, as if NYC doesn't have a tranny scene... :roll:
HaHa...

Yeah they do.

They got all kinds of scenes. It's actually a lot like SF, but not as sunny and everyone here only wears white, black, grey, blue and brown as if they were the only colors in the whole spectrum.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:06 pm

DrXparaMental wrote:Native Indians
8O

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:08 pm

@ Tone Deft

we tried...

*Insert picture of Seppuku*
Last edited by H20nly on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:12 pm

elxicano wrote:
HaHa...

Yeah they do.

They got all kinds of scenes. It's actually a lot like SF, but not as sunny and everyone here only wears white, black, grey, blue and brown as if they were the only colors in the whole spectrum.
that's funny. mad respect to NYC, it's a hundred times what SF is. still, home is SF for me. I'd love to live in NYC but I'd just bitch about it not being SF and then there's the humidity in the summer and cold and wind in the winter. people here wear 'Zoo York' shirts, pisses me off. if you like New York so much, f-ing move there!! ;)
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:16 pm

H20nly wrote:@ Tone Deft

we tried...

regarding them...

Stephen Falken: The whole point was to find a way to practice nuclear war without destroying ourselves. To get the computers to learn from mistakes we couldn't afford to make. Except, I never could get Joshua to learn the most important lesson.
David Lightman: What's that?
Stephen Falken: Futility. That there's a time when you should just give up.
Jennifer: What kind of a lesson is that?
Stephen Falken: Did you ever play tic-tac-toe?
Jennifer: Yeah, of course.
Stephen Falken: But you don't anymore.
Jennifer: No.
Stephen Falken: Why?
Jennifer: Because it's a boring game. It's always a tie.
Stephen Falken: Exactly. There's no way to win. The game itself is pointless! But back at the war room, they believe you can win a nuclear war. That there can be "acceptable losses."
Last edited by Tone Deft on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:17 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
elxicano wrote:
HaHa...

Yeah they do.

that's funny. mad respect to NYC, it's a hundred times what SF is. still, home is SF for me. I'd love to live in NYC but I'd just bitch about it not being SF and then there's the humidity in the summer and cold and wind in the winter. people here wear 'Zoo York' shirts, pisses me off. if you like New York so much, f-ing move there!! ;)
I just moved here, so I'm mostly bitching about the humidity and the public transportation thing (because the humidity in the subway sucks!!). I really miss driving, but no point in having a car where I am.

At this point though, there's only two other places I'd want to live beside here... D.C. and SF.

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:17 pm

H20nly wrote:
DrXparaMental wrote:Native Indians
8O
:) Native AMERICANS...opps! :oops:

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:41 pm

H20nly wrote:@ Tone Deft

we tried...

Dude...a kinder, gentler H20nly?

whatever happened to johnny whoop-ass?
Let's Roll!!!!
:lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:47 pm

^ the bikinis and Spaten changed everything for me.

I wanna thank Tone Deft for his generous contribution.

Besides Doc how many pages ago was that? If anything you've seen many of my moods throughout this looooooooong endeavour. :wink:

"Native Indians"... you fucker.

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:54 pm

H20nly wrote:^ the bikinis and Spaten changed everything for me.

I wanna thank Tone Deft for his generous contribution.

Besides Doc how many pages ago was that? If anything you've seen many of my moods throughout this looooooooong endeavour. :wink:

"Native Indians"... you fucker.
Well, they were Indians that were native to the land that those early settlers were settling on. So in effect, yeah, they were native Indians.

Eskimos are native Indians of Eskimoville, drxparamental is a native Michiganian. WTF is your point? :P

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:07 pm

my point??

**ship headed for planet Mor lands in Michigan. Cockpit opens. You are standing in your yard astonished. An alien lifeform emerges and declares you and your neighbors - Morons!**

Is this how you and your neighbors want to be remembered in Alien history?

They were called Indians because Columbus' off course arse thought he was in India. As we know... he was wrong. The name stuck but just because our forefathers/early settlers were jackenheimers doesn't make it okay for us to carry on the tradition. Besides you were shooting yourself in the foot with that one. You have to see that. You'd rip someone to pieces for a mistake like that.
I know this and so do you.

You junkyard dog you!