GR3 GO: Free (scaled down) version of Guitar Rig 3

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aqua_tek

GR3 GO: Free (scaled down) version of Guitar Rig 3

Post by aqua_tek » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Damn, NI are owning this summer with all sorts of cool specials and freebies.

Now they're offering a free version of GR3... super scaled down of course, but still a nice gift.

Check it.

http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=4016

aisling

Re: GR3 GO: Free (scaled down) version of Guitar Rig 3

Post by aisling » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:01 pm

:D very cool. Although the first thread began yesterday......
I downloaded it. Have not had a chance to play with it yet.......
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:28 pm

ah yes. I figured there would already be threads about this... quick search didn't show me anything though.

I played around with it just now. Very simple, but very fun plugin! Was just messing around with the Virus, throwing it through some of the presets, doing some MAD synth/guitar solos :lol:

gjm

Post by gjm » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:44 pm

@aqua_tek.... The August issue of CM mag 141 has a free LE version of GR3. The difference over GO being 2 extra amps (including 1 Bass), and 11 extra cabinets (1 matched to the bass amp) and from what I can make out 9 extra effects. I think its worth tracking down.

Cheers. G.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

aisling

Post by aisling » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:53 pm

aqua_tek wrote:ah yes. I figured there would already be threads about this... quick search didn't show me anything though.

I played around with it just now. Very simple, but very fun plugin! Was just messing around with the Virus, throwing it through some of the presets, doing some MAD synth/guitar solos :lol:
You mean you were running your guitar through the virus and the virus through the plug-in?
You have a TI? I have virus powercore and things have been a little unstable until just recently with the new beta. I am anxious to explore.

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

astromass

Post by astromass » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:05 pm

yeah, N-I is rockin!!!
i bought an Audio Kontrol 1 interface and i got ABSYNTH 4 for FREE!!!!

how about ableton throw us some bones every once inna while? =)
i've been using since version 1.5!
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:10 pm

aisling wrote:
aqua_tek wrote:ah yes. I figured there would already be threads about this... quick search didn't show me anything though.

You mean you were running your guitar through the virus and the virus through the plug-in?
You have a TI? I have virus powercore and things have been a little unstable until just recently with the new beta. I am anxious to explore.
no no. Just running the Virus TI through guitar rig. But playing it like a guitar, doing some silly cheesy solos just to mess around :lol:

aisling

Post by aisling » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:18 pm

aqua_tek wrote:
aisling wrote:

no no. Just running the Virus TI through guitar rig. But playing it like a guitar, doing some silly cheesy solos just to mess around :lol:
Well considering the virus can input, It might be worth while to experiment for those guitar players.....I's give it a go, but am not set up at the current moment :(

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:58 am

sweet!! a working tuner for os x 10.5.6 finally!! i can tune my bass without noises :D
and this thing is cool.. i like the delay and the skreamer
i think i may need to get my hands on cm to get that bass cab.

ok thats nice.. a tap tempo on the delay....