[ot] Tour de France

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
8O

[ot] Tour de France

Post by 8O » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:16 pm

Bit late this year, I know, but anyone (still :wink: ) watching it...?

From the Verbier stage, I'd be very surprised if Contador doesn't win, but I have my fingers crossed for Wiggins...

Favourites? Surprises? Thoughts?

pulsoc

Re: [ot] Tour de France

Post by pulsoc » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Armstrong Uber Alles

gjm

Post by gjm » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:54 pm

we are proud of Roulston. 3rd in a stage. Doing a good job for his team.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:40 pm

I'm a fan, been watching since '86 (yikes).

Despite the Armstrong / Contador drama (which was mostly manufactured by the media b/c it was the most obvious story) I've found it pretty mundane. Wiggins has been a surprise however. Hope he's clean.
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

Dalibor Loncar

Post by Dalibor Loncar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:33 am

nylarch wrote:Hope he's clean.
are you serious?

:lol:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:51 am

^ whining about doping just takes away from the sport. if they're doped, they'll get caught. it's what people who can't follow sports talk about.

been watching on and off but I'm not familiar with the riders, I just follow the packs and breakaways. it's amazing how fast they go UP-hills, let alone go down.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:58 am

they're definitely cleaner now than they have been in a long time....it became painfully obvious when the speeds went down dramatically last year and they actually looked like they were moving at a somewhat human pace...as opposed to the previous 10 years or so....
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:01 am

thinking about it more, it's just a sign of the times, or the last 20 or so years. doping is in a LOT of sports, when an athlete excels it's what we've come to expect.

'where did you go Joe DiMagio...?'
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Keddy

Post by Keddy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:02 am

I have not watched today's stage, so I'm not totally in the loop with the current standings. Yet, as an employee of a shop that sells Trek, I have to admit I am a bit partial to the Astana team. Lance looked like shit at the end of the last stage before the rest day, but there's suspicion that he's playing possum and will undoubtedly make a comeback. Contador sure can fucking climb, though, and I don't necessarily see him falling back.

All in all, i'm super psyched about the tour this year. My girlfriend has a co-worker that is just getting into the sport, so she see's this excitement at work, then comes home and wants to see what all the fuss is about. I finally get to show off all of this USELESS F$#@ING KNOWLEDGE I have stored in my head! YAY!
Inspiron 1520 - XP SP3 - Ableton Live7 - Reason 4 - M-Audio Axiom25 - Novation ReMote ZeroSL - Korg PadKontrol - M-Audio MobilePre - Ibanez SGR Bass - Hilo Ukulele

astromass

Post by astromass » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:48 am

Armstrong uber Balles!
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

Dalibor Loncar

Post by Dalibor Loncar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:03 am

Tone Deft wrote:^ whining about doping just takes away from the sport. if they're doped, they'll get caught. it's what people who can't follow sports talk about.
that´s not the point here. i only made a joke about reality.

1) this is not whining, it´s the gospel truth and i know what i am talking about -> even the youth in cycle racing is offered doping substances (i heard that from horse's mouth, i know some semi pro guys)
2) "if they're doped, they'll get caught" =FALSE many of the teams and their "medical practitioners "are always one step ahead when it comes to new doping substances - i shouldn't be at all surprised if some anti doping inspectors/officials were being bribed
3) no one really cares because it´s big business -> where a lot of money is invloved there is no need to cover moral aspects
4) i´m a mountainbiker. i´m naturally doped when i´m riding my bicycle. the substance is called adrenaline - dopamine - noradrenaline :mrgreen:

here 2 pics of me riding (or rather flying) my bike

(i know that i look like a retard on the pics; could also be a morlock from the time machine)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:01 am

agreed, I made a second post later agreeing with you. it just sucks to have that noise in the conversation of great athleticism, but it does exist and should be addressed.

very cool pics!! the best bike in the world is the one that's ridden. ;)

I don't remember a time in my life when cycling wasn't a big part of my life. <anecdotes deleted, too many.>
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

housemusiclover

Post by housemusiclover » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:18 am

i love drugs, i love Le Tour, nuff said

Team Phizer will probably beat Merck this year

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:26 am

I want to see 900ft home runs and guys dunking from the half court line...I say let them dope.

evolwizard

Post by evolwizard » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:47 am

Tour de France.....I love that song.
...to the prelevator....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
=======================================================
17" macBook pro 2.93ghz 8GB RAM OSX 10.6-APC40-Axiom 25-Trigger Finger-Fast Track Ultra-MicroTrack II
Ableton Live 7 Suite Boxed-Reason 4