OT: meat is Murder

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aburgener

Re: OT: meat is Murder

Post by aburgener » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:57 am

i cooked some delicious new york strips tuesday night

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:01 pm

leedsquietman wrote:Image

Way better than NoFX and if you ever heard the track 'Meat Is Murder' it's enough to put you off your bacon sandwich ...
scary droning abbatoir sounds, in fact I cannot usually listen to that track the whole way through. The Headmaster Ritual though - totally awesome. Even Radiohead do a great version of it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtmS2ePSSdU
+1 Wow----that was a damn great cover 8) On the "related videos" tab they have Radiohead covering New Order's "Ceremony".....FRiGGinN awesome :twisted:

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:13 pm

Tasty, Tasty murder.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:06 pm

I can take it or leave it. I don't do innards though, heart and brain, liver and kidney and all that shite, food for the poor.

I like cheese though. Alot.

Dalibor Loncar

Post by Dalibor Loncar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:16 pm

UKRuss wrote:
I like cheese though. Alot.
same here... that´s the reason my paunch gets bigger and bigger ...

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:17 pm

if you replaced fast food meat with the fake(but good) vegetarian kind NO ONE WOULD HAVE A CLUE.
the government should get on that conspiracy for the sake of fatasses everywhere

i love meat but i try to think "what did i do today thats worth killing an animal" if i worked hard than i eat that dead fucker, if i was lazy then i go with the grilled cheese or the vegetarian nuggets

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:02 pm

hurlingdervish wrote:if you replaced fast food meat with the fake(but good) vegetarian kind NO ONE WOULD HAVE A CLUE.
the government should get on that conspiracy for the sake of fatasses everywhere

i love meat but i try to think "what did i do today thats worth killing an animal" if i worked hard than i eat that dead fucker, if i was lazy then i go with the grilled cheese or the vegetarian nuggets
Vegetarian ( meat substitute stuff, ie vege burgers ect) food is great but if often contains way too much sodium which can cause weight gain and hardening of the arteries.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:05 pm

glenn303 wrote:
hurlingdervish wrote:if you replaced fast food meat with the fake(but good) vegetarian kind NO ONE WOULD HAVE A CLUE.

Vegetarian ( meat substitute stuff, ie vege burgers ect) food is great but if often contains way too much sodium which can cause weight gain and hardening of the arteries.
That's because it is mocking the alternative which also is prepared with as much sodium. But it does lack the cholesterol and many other additives that are in meat. Before the filming of food inc, for instance, many major chicken companies fed arsenic to their chickens.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

aisling

Post by aisling » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:11 pm

Kodama wrote:
That's because it is mocking the alternative which also is prepared with as much sodium. But it does lack the cholesterol and many other additives that are in meat. Before the filming of food inc, for instance, many major chicken companies fed arsenic to their chickens.
And from what I understand, anybody who spoke to the media or public about this horrific practice, all of a sudden found them selves shunned from the industry with no contracts or ability to sell their chickens.....
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:24 pm

you guys act like the government isn't trying to kill us. of course they are.

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:08 pm

starving student wrote:you guys act like the government isn't trying to kill us. of course they are.
Why else would they allow us to drink alcohol & smoke cigarettes but forbid us to consume marijuana?

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:54 pm

squelcht wrote:
starving student wrote:you guys act like the government isn't trying to kill us. of course they are.
Why else would they allow us to drink alcohol & smoke cigarettes but forbid us to consume marijuana?
poor people are like empty oil cans.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:16 pm

I could see how the powers that be would profit greatly by making sure that workers die around the age of 50...
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:32 pm

hurlingdervish wrote:i love meat but i try to think "what did i do today thats worth killing an animal" if i worked hard than i eat that dead fucker, if i was lazy then i go with the grilled cheese or the vegetarian nuggets
? Logic

I'm gonna work harder than you today. Watch out.