weird video issue when exporting

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Aequitas123

weird video issue when exporting

Post by Aequitas123 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:29 pm

doing a tv commercial and i've got the video in arrangement view and all the sounds lined up and it sounds great, but when i export it something in the timing changes and the Hits don't line up any more.

Anyone experience this before or know a solution?

also, if i export a video and then export again, overwriting the first, the size of the video doubles, when no settings have been changed. whats up with that?

Aequitas123

Re: weird video issue when exporting

Post by Aequitas123 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:57 pm

does anyone have any knowledge of Exporting to Video here? It seems as though its a non-used feature as its impossible to find information on it. Nothing in the manual.

How does Live work with importing and exporting video?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

defcon1351

Post by defcon1351 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:54 am

i make movie files all the time, never been a problem for me, what may be going on depending on what genre of music it is, is that alot of times on rock n roll music, there is a diffrencial value with the bass drum because they want to make it cued for a car system and normally there is a milisecond delay. or you might not know how to mix.

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:00 pm

defcon1351 wrote:i make movie files all the time, never been a problem for me, what may be going on depending on what genre of music it is, is that alot of times on rock n roll music, there is a diffrencial value with the bass drum because they want to make it cued for a car system and normally there is a milisecond delay. or you might not know how to mix.
i appreciate the comment, but it shouldn't matter what genre of music recording. There's syncing issues.

defcon1351

Post by defcon1351 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:37 pm

save it as a solid file and i can take a look at it,

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:11 pm

hey defcon, i appreciate the help. what i really need to know is how Ableton works with video. does it render the audio to the original video then creates a new file? or does it compress and create a new video file all together?

and how come sometimes the video quality changes when the video quality settings haven't changed?

and how come if i dont delete the Exported video file and i write over it, the file is now twice the size?

and why wont ableton talk about their video function?

defcon1351

Post by defcon1351 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:47 pm

Aequitas123 wrote:hey defcon, i appreciate the help. what i really need to know is how Ableton works with video. does it render the audio to the original video then creates a new file? or does it compress and create a new video file all together?

and how come sometimes the video quality changes when the video quality settings haven't changed?

and how come if i dont delete the Exported video file and i write over it, the file is now twice the size?

and why wont ableton talk about their video function?
they are morons dude, i dont think this site is actually the manufacturers, i think they merge with a forum that i registered with years ago that was run by morons, i mess with alot of movie stuff myself, you can check out my youtube page, youtube.com/subfusion01.

anyway, i have been working and mixing films since i had a 75mhz macintosh performa 638cd and was like 12 or 13 years old. im 27 now.

with alot of this modern do it yourself gizmo type stuff they limit allot of features and such that you would find on high end models which i know nothing about. premeire i have no knowledge of and never learned how to use it because i know nothing of sprites and all this other nonsense.

ableton is primarily an audio mixing and production software, it is limited on the formats it can export, one im sure they wanna keep the software as small as possible and i think they have to have licenses or special codecs to use special formats, also playing the files in live and playing them after they are exported are totally diffrent, they use totally diffrent engines,

now rendering a film with ableton, first it renders an audio file and then renders another file that compresses and interweaves the film and audio together as one file.

defcon1351

Post by defcon1351 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:49 pm

start codeing xbox format, i have the codecs for it, thats where the money is

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:07 am

defcon1351 wrote:start codeing xbox format, i have the codecs for it, thats where the money is

...go on....

defcon1351

Post by defcon1351 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:46 am

well correction after i blindly made that statement they used standard movie formats but apparently they are optimized for xbox. which i havent looked into. its probably just changes in the vbr and stuff.

what ever it is, you could emulate the same stuff with jpegs and visual basic

defcon1351

Post by defcon1351 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:48 am

they are just changing the resolution to 1280 x 720