Mute/Solo Midi Group Tracks goes to Midi Out not working

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
violetpow1

Mute/Solo Midi Group Tracks goes to Midi Out not working

Post by violetpow1 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi Ableton,

i dont know if you it realized, but when you group 2 or more Midi Tracks that goes to midi out, its not working if you wonna mute or solo this group. You can click the group track and the light goes on and off, but nothing happens.
When this is a with intent, why the other groups working different. It will be nice if its consistently.

greets

pow

tone61

Re: Mute/Solo Midi Group Tracks goes to Midi Out not working

Post by tone61 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:59 am

I don't know if I'm asking the same question, but how is Solo button supposed to work with Group tracks?

In Live 8.04's manual it says about Group Tracks:
"In Session View, slots in Group Tracks have launch and stop buttons whenever at least one
clip is available in a given scene. Launching or stopping this button has the same effect
as launching or stopping all contained clips."

So should Solo work the same way? Enabling/Disabling Group's Solo button would enable/disable Solo button of all contained tracks. Now it seems to treat contained tracks the same way as tracks outside the group.

Mr Jay

Post by Mr Jay » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:38 am

I am so frustrated by this.

Any midi track that sends external midi mutes when you solo the group it is contained in.

I have wanted for a long time to be able to band tracks together and solo them, for example sending midi to reason and receiving the audio back.

The grouping that is in Live 8 is such a good design except for this.

This is a bug.

Thanks,

Ritchie.

Mr Jay

Post by Mr Jay » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:30 pm

I sent en email about this to the Australian Ableton distributor yesterday, (I tech for a music shop in Sydney) to start the ball rolling on this one.

Have a nice day.

Ritchie.

Mr Jay

Post by Mr Jay » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:41 am

Bump