OT: We The People

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
H20nly

Re: OT: We The People

Post by H20nly » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Gargoyle wrote: i don't even think they read the bible if they did they would see that at every turn God gave everyone choices to do the right thing or the wrong thing , maybe if they really read the bible they would stop trying to take other peoples choices away, fuckin fudgepops.
Oh and just to clarify... I completely agree with you here.

People usually are too busy trying to justify their actions to actually sit back and learn old lessons...

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:01 pm

H20nly wrote:
Gargoyle wrote: i don't even think they read the bible if they did they would see that at every turn God gave everyone choices to do the right thing or the wrong thing , maybe if they really read the bible they would stop trying to take other peoples choices away, fuckin fudgepops.
Oh and just to clarify... I completely agree with you here.

People usually are too busy trying to justify their actions to actually sit back and learn old lessons...
:roll: yeah, tell that to Job.

signed,
lefty atheist who's read the bible a few times over.

if you're a racist, there's a very very good chance you're a Republican. the GOP needs to clean house and stand up. they've had CLEAR racists in power for decades, omfg do you pay attention?

I listened to part of this video, it's lame. it's all complaints, no solutions, big deal. any idiot can complain, impress me with a solution.

/rant

it's hard to believe posters can't define liberal vs. conservative.
conservative
- privatization over government control
- deregulated markets
- people have to take care of themselves
- for defense spending
- anti-abortion
- pro death penalty
- anti gun control
- drill the environment
- lower taxes
- bunch of assholes

liberal
- government control over privatization
- regulated markets
- the government has a responsibility to take care of people
- against defense spending
- pro choice
- against death penalty
- for gun control
- protect the environment
- raise taxes
- considerate intelligent people
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:01 pm

if you care about 1 white fireman experiencing racism on the job but you don't care about the multitudes of other people who experience racism on the job then I can't take you seriously.

if you care about 1 black man (oJ) getting away with murder but you don't care about the multitudes of white people getting away with murder then I can't take you seriously.

and frankly John Gordon can't take you seriously either!

we know the difference between right and wrong, we know math, and we know what distractions are.
the concepts of Love and Hate are basic, it's not rocket science, and the fact that we have racist
as elected officials in the united states government is not a testament to how openminded america is.
it's a shame.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:25 pm

Tone Deft wrote:I listened to part of this video, it's lame. it's all complaints, no solutions, big deal. any idiot can complain, impress me with a solution.
I totally agree with you here, BUT maybe you should have watched the whole video.

The guy does offer a solution. No rocket science or anything... but I believe there's a method to his madness.
Those teabags me and hurlingdervish have been talking about aren't part of some kinky inside sex joke...

Will any solution offered work? meh.
Will anything work? meh.

I posted it because I found the "spirals" in his message entertaining. When he first started talking I thought he was just some Obama hater... but he doesn't seem to dwell in any one spot, other than his focus on The Constitution and how fucked America is becoming while we watch - I won't argue there.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:30 pm

hey dont drag me into this again 8O :lol:

i never mentioned teabagging. although teabagging that guy in the video might be funny for his reaction :lol:

hes certainly animated.

ROBOT ENFORCED COMMUNISM FTW

EDIT:

OUR ROBOT LEADERS HAVE DETERMINED THE ACRONYM FOR>THE>WIN> SHALL BE CHANGED TO FOR>THE>ROBOT>

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:36 pm

H20nly wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:I listened to part of this video, it's lame. it's all complaints, no solutions, big deal. any idiot can complain, impress me with a solution.
I totally agree with you here, BUT maybe you should have watched the whole video.
:oops: yes he does.

agreed except the part about English as the official language and not spending money on illegal immigrants.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Tone Deft wrote: agreed except the part about English as the official language and not spending money on illegal immigrants.
+200 cosign and a reiteration of "DEY TOOK R JAWBZ"

"BACK TO THE PILE!!!"

GrooveNinja

Post by GrooveNinja » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Tone Deft wrote: if you're a racist, there's a very very good chance you're a Republican. the GOP needs to clean house and stand up. they've had CLEAR racists in power for decades, omfg do you pay attention?
Robert Byrd? Bobby Rush? Get a clue.

Tone Deft wrote: it's hard to believe posters can't define liberal vs. conservative.

liberal
- government control over privatization
- regulated markets
- the government has a responsibility to take care of people
- against defense spending
- pro choice
- against death penalty
- for gun control
- protect the environment
- raise taxes
- considerate intelligent people
What is considerate or intelligent about any of this? Liberals seem to always be the first to start name calling when confronted with facts and reason. They just start calling their perceived opponent racist or fascist. That's not very considerate. Anyways, what you described is also called communism. Well, most of it. Communism doesn't work, dude. It's been proven quite a few times over the past century. The only things that it has accomplished is the murder of a hundred-million plus people, and forcing a billion others into a pathetic standard of living. The communists in America realized that they wouldn't get anywhere calling themselves communists, so they call themselves liberals instead.

By the way, doesn't is seem a bit inconsistent to be pro-choice and against the death penalty? Just a thought...

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:16 pm

^^ theres nothing wrong with what conservatives want for themselves, the problem is that they only want it for themselves.

GrooveNinja

Post by GrooveNinja » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:21 pm

starving student wrote:^^ theres nothing wrong with what conservatives want for themselves, the problem is that they only want it for themselves.
Huh? That statement simply doesn't make sense.

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:25 pm

GrooveNinja wrote:
starving student wrote:^^ theres nothing wrong with what conservatives want for themselves, the problem is that they only want it for themselves.
Huh? That statement simply doesn't make sense.
what does C street want for itself but not for others
what do insurance companies want for themselves but not for others
what do corporations want for themselves but not for others

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:27 pm

that may be the funniest thing i have ever read... sig worthy...

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:28 pm

what's the demographic of your party?
is your party the party that includes or excludes?
are you telling the truth right now?

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:29 pm

H20nly wrote:
bosonHavoc wrote:i like the tea bag idea :P
I'm kinda diggin it too.
the double meaning is the beauty of it.
needless to say my first thought was not about the Boston tea party :lol:

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:32 pm

when conservatives make fun of Liberals they make fun of the fact that liberals want to stabalize the environment, what's funny about that?

they make fun of the fact that liberals are inclusive, what's so funny about that?

Liberals disagree with conservatives on abortion but you don't hear liberals making fun of abortions do you?

make a list of all the things you think a liberal is from a conservatives perspective and then tell me what's bad about any of them,