u-He Bazille

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
porfiry

Re: u-He Bazille

Post by porfiry » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:08 pm

Yeah, the contest is cool this time too...single oscillator simplicity. That's one of my missions for this upcoming week. The first contest was cool too, but I didn't figure I had much of a chance going up against some of those guys on the KVR forum going all out with the MSEGs and x-y controllers and such. I'm not scared of anything in zebra, but I'm not very good at making those really crystalline movie-soundtrack kinda patches. Yet, anyway.

Urs

Post by Urs » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:12 am

Thanks guys 8)
porfiry wrote:I wish I could swap these filters into zebra. :)
Let *me* do that for you :D

The filter in Bazille is almost identical to the LP Vintage2 in Zebra, but without the (necessary) amount of oversampling and with differently scaled parameters. Resonance doesn't go high up enough in the Zebra one, and the drive button, hmm, does something different. Which shall easily be changed in Z2.5

#---

Regarding endless teasing periods: Well, I made it available a couple of days after word got out. Even though the betas/alphas will expire and/or at some point operate in demo mode there's always going to be a usable version available. At some point one has to take the inevitable preview/introduction offer though. I've always done it that way, officially releasing a beta version for a lower price rather than calling it "finished" and have people beta test it for the full price (as some companies seem to do).

Cheers,

;) Urs

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:36 am

Urs wrote:Thanks guys 8)

The filter in Bazille is almost identical to the LP Vintage2 in Zebra, but without the (necessary) amount of oversampling and with differently scaled parameters. Resonance doesn't go high up enough in the Zebra one, and the drive button, hmm, does something different. Which shall easily be changed in Z2.5

#---

Regarding endless teasing periods: Well, I made it available a couple of days after word got out. Even though the betas/alphas will expire and/or at some point operate in demo mode there's always going to be a usable version available. At some point one has to take the inevitable preview/introduction offer though. I've always done it that way, officially releasing a beta version for a lower price rather than calling it "finished" and have people beta test it for the full price (as some companies seem to do).

Cheers,

;) Urs
+1
*** Image GAFM ***

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:42 am

#---

Cheers,

;) Urs
Thx Urs, really appreciate to be able to toy around with the alpha!
KnobCloud - marketplace for audio software

Salty P

Post by Salty P » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:44 am

Had a little 10 minute play over the weekend, and have to say I had more fun using it than I have any synth for a long time. It was a little bit like the first time I used a synth and being all giddy like a little girl. I've used mod synths before I just enjoyed how easy it felt, so you could just jump in and start playing :D

I've always done it that way, officially releasing a beta version for a lower price rather than calling it "finished" and have people beta test it for the full price (as some companies seem to do).

Cheers,

;) Urs
:lol:

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:49 am

Great synth, never really liked Zebra didn't like the look of if either, this ones great, really easy to use (if you know how analog synth modules work) quite a good mix of pop up modulators and spaghetti cables, not too photo-realistic, nice that it can be set for super big! Rocking my 26" screen!

Oh almost forgot, doodled with it for a while got some super great sounds straight away, which is what it's all about. Bang on!

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:15 pm

#---

Cheers,

;) Urs
Said it before and I'll say it again....

U R (S) Da Man!!
8)

Hd

deva

Post by deva » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:26 pm

Bazille is great fun and has some unique and musical sounds...

deva

Post by deva » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:38 pm

here are a couple audio clips of some sequenced bazille presets I made. still figuring out all the controls but it is really fun to patch things together and get sonic mayhem!

http://www.draigathar.org/sounds/bazille04.wav
http://www.draigathar.org/sounds/bazille05.wav

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:38 pm

It packs more punch than a kick in the nuts!

deva

Post by deva » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:42 pm

oh and post audio examples! would love to hear what people are doing with this beast (besides bringing their cpu's to their knees)

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:29 pm

I tried the UHBIK demo and I must say I really like the filter and the some of the chorus/flanger stuff I have the UAD Moog but couldn't get the same sound (and I got a really good sound from the UHBOK staright away) Mmmmm????

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:39 pm

I really had NO interest in the Uhbik plug ins, last thing I needed was more of what they offered. Played with the demo anyway and within 15 minutes bought them on sound quality alone, amazing sounding. Now if URS would just make it easier to set tempo synced intervals, no more of this multiple 1/16th notes by a multiplier nonsense. :)

porfiry

Post by porfiry » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:58 am

People at the KVR forums have talked about that kind of stuff, like not putting the frequencies on the knobs of the EQ Uhbik.

I too love the Runciter, flanger and delay in particular, although I don't think Runciter is going to get quite as much use now that I bought a Sherman. :)

Urs

Post by Urs » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:27 am

porfiry wrote:I don't think Runciter is going to get quite as much use now that I bought a Sherman. :)
I'll be working on that!