Zebra Patch contest (Round 2!) Voting over...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
elxicano

Zebra Patch contest (Round 2!) Voting over...

Post by elxicano » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:10 am

The latest Patch contest Zebra 2 will now be entering the voting stages, which means there are 19 FREE presets to download.

Here is the link to vote: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=259821

Now that the submission period is over, download and come help by voting.

There is no requirement to vote in order to download, but might as well list your favorites since I'm sure a lot of time was spent in creating these presets. Once the voting has begun, the way to vote will be to list your favorite 3 patches in order (1st place will get 3 points, 2nd place 2 points and 3rd place will get 1 point). At the end of the voting period, points will be tallied up and the winner will receive a Full License to U-he's upcoming Bazille (currently in Alpha mode).

This time the restriction was a maximum of 1 module per voice and 1 module per fx grid, so come see what users were able to create! With 19 free patches, you should find a nice source of low-CPU-hitting patches.

They can be downloaded here: http://u-he.com/PatchLib/presets/z2/ZPC-02.zip

Here is what bmrzycki had to say about collecting the patches and making available for download:
bmrzycki wrote:Ok, it's after Midnight Monday GMT. Here's the link to the submitted presets, 19 in all.

http://u-he.com/PatchLib/presets/z2/ZPC-02.zip

There are two folders:

Normalized/
Original/

Normalized I tried to get them to all have as similar a volume level as possible. Some of them are so dynamic it's really not possible and there are a few stray transients if you play several notes. Not being able to use the compressor in the effects makes it tough to tame them I normalized them in Reaper, I hope that translates well to other hosts. If they're way off please tell me so I know for the future (as well as my own personal interest).

Original contains the presets as pristine as possible from the author. I did have to do some minor renaming and removal of names though.

Every preset that ends with '+' has one or more XY macro controller mapped, so be sure to use them. Also be sure to read the info for the presets, there's some info about certain presets having an ARP preset included, for example.

I don't plan on voting since I know who submitted what. I'm assuming hakey will use the same 3,2,1 point method as before.

I *highly* recommend turning down your headphones/monitors when first auditioning the presets, some have a high energy content.

After all is said and done I'll release who made what preset. Good luck to all who entered; once again there's quite a excellent presets in here.

Once the voting thread has been created, I'll post a link here, but for now... enjoy the free 19 presets!

And one more thing... I did participate in the contest, but this is not a solicitation for a vote, as the presets will remain anonymous until after voting has ended. So that means you can vote guilt free! 8)
Last edited by elxicano on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

porfiry

Re: Zebra Patch contest (Round 2!) Voting should start soon!

Post by porfiry » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:04 am

Kind of bummed...I got one done probably a week ago, and then never had the time/will to finish a second one. I suppose I should have submitted just the one, but it was a little ah, unorthodox. :P

Wow! There are a few in here that are stupid hot. Digging through them, I guess I really should have submitted mine. There are several here that could be perfectly legit winners though...pretty solid competition.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:59 pm

porfiry wrote:Kind of bummed...I got one done probably a week ago, and then never had the time/will to finish a second one. I suppose I should have submitted just the one, but it was a little ah, unorthodox. :P

Wow! There are a few in here that are stupid hot. Digging through them, I guess I really should have submitted mine. There are several here that could be perfectly legit winners though...pretty solid competition.

I know what you mean... I was hoping to submit more than just one, but kept going beyond the requirements because for the 2nd preset I got myself stuck on using FM as the source, and always eventually needed a compressor the more I got into modulating the source. Oh, well... I'm hoping my one preset was enough.

I'm on a mission to eventually win one of these contests, but for now I have my eyes set on just cracking the top 10 (but yet still hoping I can win :lol: ).

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Alright... Voting has begun!!

You can download the 19 presets here (no requirement to vote): http://u-he.com/PatchLib/presets/z2/ZPC-02.zip

AND

You can vote here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=259821

Again, no requirement to vote, but if you have Zebra, definitely consider submitting a vote for your favorite and a consider submitting a preset for later contests as Urs has stated a new site is in development where these contests will be held.

elxicano

Re: Zebra Patch contest (Round 2!) Voting over...

Post by elxicano » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:44 pm

Finally cracked the top 3 (with my Optimus Primodius patch)... hoping to bust out and capture a #1 spot in round 3. Anyone else up for the challenge?

porfiry

Re: Zebra Patch contest (Round 2!) Voting over...

Post by porfiry » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:14 am

Congrats man...I actually thought that patch was sure to win, and that's why I only voted it third. :)

There were certainly a lot of excellent patches in that batch. I wish I'd gotten my Moaning Dipshits patch turned in. I know I had the win in the bag, since no one said a word about it when I posted it for download in the thread. :lol:

I'm all over this one though...I'm up to my elbows in Bazille and Zebra right now, so I don't think it's going to be any problem churning a couple patches out.