Problems with short clips in 2.0

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
geargasm

Problems with short clips in 2.0

Post by geargasm » Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:55 pm

I've been going back and forth between 1.5.2 and 2.0.1 lately. I like a lot of the features of 2.x, but I find that I have a number of short drum loops that just aren't stretching properly in 2.0.

Anyone else had this problem?

- Mike[/b]
I am the bumpitron.

Re: Problems with short clips in 2.0

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:33 pm

geargasm wrote:I've been going back and forth between 1.5.2 and 2.0.1 lately. I like a lot of the features of 2.x, but I find that I have a number of short drum loops that just aren't stretching properly in 2.0.

Anyone else had this problem?

- Mike[/b]
If you would like to send any such loops you find to yon / at / ableton that would be quite helpful. Please note which warp mode you are referring to, and if the behavior you are getting differs from what you found with 1.5.x. Thanks!

yon / ableton

solovox

Yes...same problem!

Post by solovox » Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:45 am

Yes...I've had the same problems. In 1.5.2, you could quickly drag a "one shot" sample, like a Kick Drum into the session view. It would automatically time correct it for a quarter note, and then you could adjust from there if needed.

But I have found this impossible in 2.0.1...it goes crazy and NEVER plays in time.

geargasm

Post by geargasm » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:34 am

I found a way around this, try setting up in 1.5.2, saving your project, and opening that project up in 2.0.1. Not exactly a good work around, but a workaround.
I am the bumpitron.

emch

problems in 2.0.1 not in 1.52

Post by emch » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:09 am

I have this same problem with some drum loops. It won't detect the tempo correctly at all. When I try to change the warp range it starts to go crazy and the right marker leaves trails of itself that won't go away without deleting the loop and bringing it back in. I try to change the tempo and it keeps bouncing to -1. What is that -1?

I've also noticed sound quality issues. Pops and distortion in a bass loop, for example, as well as drum loops. If I bring the loop in with 1.52 I don't have these pops. I even take off the warp setting altogether because I don't need to stretch the loops and I still have pops and distortion in 2.0.1 but not 1.52 (though still a little fuzz on the bass loop). I boosted my audio buffers on my Echo Layla24 all the way up and it is still popping so it is not a latency issue. The loops all play back crystal clear without and distortion or clipping in Sound Forge.

Is this just an issue with the sound engine in Live. I have just set it up for the first time and I am disappointed if that is the case.

emch
www.subatomicsound.com