SHAME

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RO-mix

SHAME

Post by RO-mix » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:25 am

Again this version is very buggy... it is the shame, Ableton sold ALPHA version as a release and now do beta testing using customers.... and this is mission critical software so many people f**8d up on the stage.
This version crashes suddenly on some operations (irregularly!) for example as reloading preset on Drum rack....
Guys you made good software but it does not work as expected.

--
RO-mix
EXIT project

Rogue Scrunt

Re: SHAME

Post by Rogue Scrunt » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:55 am

if your mission is so critical, then why did you upgrade.

common rule for stabe computer audio sysytems is " never upgrade a working stable system", until you have to.
for lots of great records, check out,
http://stores.ebay.com/id=64360994?ssPageName=ME:F:ST

sdmiddleton

Post by sdmiddleton » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Rogue Scrunt wrote:if your mission is so critical, then why did you upgrade.

common rule for stabe computer audio sysytems is " never upgrade a working stable system", until you have to.
I totally agree with you, but it's not just an upgrade in the sense that the GUI has had a slight revamp or the audio engine has been tweeked here and there, for many its the purchase of brand new products entirely, Looper etc etc and also the APC40 as a hardware option as well, and also for many buying huge amounts of new sample libraries and instruments, which for me was expensive just as an upgrade from 7 to Suite 8, imagine if you'd taken a fresh leap having never used Live before... Lots of money!!!

They will get there though, its a fantastic programme, but its hard not to feel short changed at times.

RO-mix

Post by RO-mix » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:05 pm

i just bought 8 and it was buggy. I upgraded in hope that unwanted behaviour will dessapear.AND new version was not compatible with previous so i could not roll back without loosing work.

Again i love Ableton..but.... i wish ableton team to get rid of "serios program error has occured"....

My mission is not so critical that is why i use beta and send bugreports. :oops:

boomtchik

Post by boomtchik » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:23 pm

coool, I didnt know you use Ableton Live 2 on a Win98 ^^ :lol:

To Ro-Mix I agree with its a really shame
of course we all upgrade for the new effects and plugins but what we got is a ton of extra bugs...
remember live 7 and sync problems... I know the bad feeling because we pay for bugs and betas...
Just to say I ended using hardware and only hardware... I uninstalled Live in my sound studio I just imports sounds in my hardware (have a monster collection of drummachines hits i found on the web for free)
I upgraded from live 3 to 4, 5, 6, 7 and now Live 8 - But today I will say keep your money for hardware :)
bye all
Stealth Bomber PC - Vista 64bit - FF400 - Moog Voyager Lunar - Little Phatty Tribute - Korg ESX1 - Live 8 uninstalled

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:44 pm

yeah, i use live as a compositional tool, no way i would actually play live with it, not at the moment anyway.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:01 pm

boomtchik wrote:
coool, I didnt know you use Ableton Live 2 on a Win98 ^^ :lol:

To Ro-Mix I agree with its a really shame
of course we all upgrade for the new effects and plugins but what we got is a ton of extra bugs...
remember live 7 and sync problems... I know the bad feeling because we pay for bugs and betas...
Just to say I ended using hardware and only hardware... I uninstalled Live in my sound studio I just imports sounds in my hardware (have a monster collection of drummachines hits i found on the web for free)
I upgraded from live 3 to 4, 5, 6, 7 and now Live 8 - But today I will say keep your money for hardware :)
bye all
you've had Live since version 3 and you've only posted here 32 times???

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:33 pm

+1
True.
That.

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Emissary wrote:yeah, i use live as a compositional tool, no way i would actually play live with it, not at the moment anyway.
how's that workin out for ya