How to use synth sounds from a sample CD in Ableton Live.

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
chelemasty

How to use synth sounds from a sample CD in Ableton Live.

Post by chelemasty » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:54 am

I just bought a sample CD and it got some nice synths that I could use. Do you know where I could load those samples? I tried to load it on Simpler and Sampler but it's quite wrong. This is my first time using a sample CD. So please be easy on me. Thanks in advance.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

Raddler

Re: How to use synth sounds from a sample CD in Ableton Live.

Post by Raddler » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:51 am

Make a folder called "My SAMPLE CD" on your desktop, drag the contents(samples) of the sample cd into that folder , find your Ableton library folder(usually in "my documents), and drag the "MY SAMPLE CD" folder into the library folder, open Ableton Live, select the the library tab( the little #1 tab on the far left), you should now see your "MY SAMPLE CD" folder, unfold/collapse it to view all the .wav files(those synth sounds), now drag a sound/.wav file into simpler, sampler,impulse.....etc.That's it.

chelemasty

Re: How to use synth sounds from a sample CD in Ableton Live.

Post by chelemasty » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:03 am

I knew that already.
What I'm trying to say is, I assigned the proper root key for each samples already but I could still hear some of the notes turn off first than the others. So inorder for some of those synth samples to not finish off first than the others, should I loop all samples?
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.