IKMM's T-Racks Singles GB now 5 for 1+CSR!! 6 for 1 reached!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ed J

Re: IKMM's T-Racks Singles GB now 5 for 1+CSR!! 6 for 1 reached!

Post by Ed J » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:10 pm

UKRuss wrote:Reply with quote
^^^ Apparently this is what the quote button does sometimes! :D

UKRuss wrote:Really? Not worth a DL then?

I can't be arsed if they're shit, I only planned to chop them and mash them anyway.
I'm still downloading the deluxe ones, so they might be worth it, but the smaller ones they're giving away are a mish-mash of bad samples, cheesy samples, and samples where the player goes out of time or messes up (no shit)

although, on second thoughts the aisian one is worth it to hear the backing vocals. I dunno how much crack was present in the studio when someone thought they could make money by selling that sample, but I'm guessing it was quite a lot.
Some stuff, and some other stuff. Honest.
Currently on a huge and mostly pointless promotion drive, come play:
Soundcloud!
Facebook!!
Twatter!!!

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:52 pm

I can't be arsed if they're shit, I only planned to chop them and mash them anyway.
This is what I'd be doing with them too... chop them up via Drum Racks and play the individual sounds. Could be some interesting stuff.

Anyone else had a chance to give the loops a try? I still haven't downloaded. I may have to wait till next week as I'm headed out of town and am not sure if I'll even have internet or not.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Ed J wrote:
UKRuss wrote:Reply with quote
^^^ Apparently this is what the quote button does sometimes! :D

I'm still downloading the deluxe ones, so they might be worth it, but the smaller ones they're giving away are a mish-mash of bad samples, cheesy samples, and samples where the player goes out of time or messes up (no shit)

although, on second thoughts the aisian one is worth it to hear the backing vocals. I dunno how much crack was present in the studio when someone thought they could make money by selling that sample, but I'm guessing it was quite a lot.
I had a feeling the construction kits wouldn't be "all that great" but I was a bit surprised thinking that the RAW packs wouldn't be. Everyone that's bought them has said good things, so I was surprised. Anyway... keep us posted. I won't have a chance to try out or a while (I think).

Ed J

Post by Ed J » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:54 pm

ok, just had a quick look through the drum loops, and I'm, well, not impressed.

Nothing for me in there, there's just a bunch of odd-time-signature prog-rock beats, a 'punk' section (offbeat snare etc.) and some 'classic rock' (read ACDC -> crap) loops.

and the kit they've done a lot of them on is very boomey, so doubt it'd be worth taking the time to chop them up nicely, unless you're planning to FX them until you can barely tell it's a drum.

That's just my opinion though, there's probably someone on here who'll open up 109_haze_1.wav and not care that it's slightly out of time and just the intro from universally speaking by the chili peppers and have a great time.

Good luck to them :D
Some stuff, and some other stuff. Honest.
Currently on a huge and mostly pointless promotion drive, come play:
Soundcloud!
Facebook!!
Twatter!!!

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:51 pm

Ah, well. I got $25 off on the second batch, anyway. At least that's something. It's too bad they didn't give away something
better, but that was never my real incentive to buy to begin with.

IP

Post by IP » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:20 pm

finally made them work with 7!
what this "run as administrator" again

I had a quick play with Linear phase eq already...

Seems to be a nice Eq but missing the multiple cut slopes (oxford)

just for fan
Last edited by IP on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Nice one lads, I wont be DLing them shite then. Shame, but they we is.

Rule no 1. Shit samples is shit samples.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm downloading now... have to witness for myself.

I can only get the REX format, which is fine, but I find it strange that I get errors for trying to download the WAV version of the samples. No big deal though.

I've downloaded the Bass ones first and am on my way to downloading the Guitar Riffs now. Once I get a chance to check them out, I'll post back.

There were some happy people on the KVR forum, so either those happy people had low standards, or maybe there's a couple gems in these samples somewhere. I just need to see for myself. Either way though... I'll only be using these for creating presets for FX, so they don't to be the greatest things ever, but I'll still let you know if I think they're crap too.

p8guitar

Post by p8guitar » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:48 pm

I don't want to spoil the enthusiasm but... do you know that there is a problem with the authorization of IK multimedia plug-ins when you use Mac OS 10.5.7 or 10.5.8? I can't use ARC and TRacks 3 anymore, because everytime I start my computer I have to authorize them again. Support admitted this problem and said there will be updates for all products, "next week I believe". This was July, 24th. :evil:
Live 12.0.1; Push 2; Mac OS 12.7.4

slirak

Post by slirak » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:53 pm

p8guitar wrote:I don't want to spoil the enthusiasm but... do you know that there is a problem with the authorization of IK multimedia plug-ins when you use Mac OS 10.5.7 or 10.5.8? I can't use ARC and TRacks 3 anymore, because everytime I start my computer I have to authorize them again. Support admitted this problem and said there will be updates for all products, "next week I believe". This was July, 24th. :evil:
When did you last check for updates? At least all Tracks3 singles were updated for this issue July 31.
And you don't necessarily have the problem with 10.7 or 10.8 with earlier versions either. I didn't.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:55 pm

p8guitar wrote:I don't want to spoil the enthusiasm but... do you know that there is a problem with the authorization of IK multimedia plug-ins when you use Mac OS 10.5.7 or 10.5.8? I can't use ARC and TRacks 3 anymore, because everytime I start my computer I have to authorize them again. Support admitted this problem and said there will be updates for all products, "next week I believe". This was July, 24th. :evil:
Don't worry about everyone's "enthusiasm"... that sucks.

Have you bugged them since? There's been an update released since July 24th to 3.1.1 (for T-Racks)... that doesn't fix it?

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Sorry slirak... you beat me to it. :wink:

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:06 pm

I D/L'ed one of the 'construction kits' (names 'Trip Hop') and it was a bag of shite. I'm stuck in a musical rutt right now, and still came up with better stuff that that... Just running off the 500mb 'deluxe' drum pack to see if it's any better.

It'll only be used for chopping up, any way...
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:14 pm

I'm unzipping the folders now (except haven't downloaded the deluxe drums yet).

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Yeah, the "C-Kits" construction loops are pretty whack overall... but there are a couple things that could be ripped up (because I'd never use the loop as a loop).

Just gone through some of the Guitar Riffs... Not sure what to think. It really is a lot of guitar riffs. No surprises here. The acoustic stuff would be very easy to map to Drum Racks.

I'll be checking out the Bass pack in a few.

EDIT...

Onto the bass loops. Again the acoustic stuff could be mapped out well to Drum Racks, but I'm not a big fan of the other stuff. I have a feeling most everyone hear is going either laugh or cry once they hear the Electronic Bass folder. They might even ask for a hug after listening, just because they need the moral support to go forward again.

Still... I consider these free. JRR shop wasn't an option when I bought in and esoundz was the best deal at the time.