sashas MAVEN again....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:32 am

16bit....let it go.
I saw your previous post before you edited it and really felt you're doing yourself a disservice in front of everyone here. To be honest I haven't paid too much attention to the bickering that's been going on recently, but seeing the way you've leapt (quite personally) on Adam's (what seem to me at least to be) non-combatative words in this thread, I can only suggest you spend a little more time considering your words before posting lest you end up making yourself look bad. (I'm being diplomatic here)
Even if Adam isn't the greatest Sasha fan, what's it to you? He might be your biggest fan, we don't know 'cos you deem to hold your identity too important to be shared for whatever reason...unless....16Bit is actually Sasha.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:35 am

i'm the reason he deleted that post even though he said what was really on his mind.

robin

Post by robin » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:04 pm

Every time I see the name of Sasha's device I think of this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... fid=675887

There's somat wrong with me isn't there? :)

(btw. most of us don't really care for Sasha's music but are interested in his approach to controlling Live. All this arguing is like saying "I'm not using those Technics 1200s, that Sasha uses em and I hate his music")

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:13 pm

16 BIT wrote:
AdamJay wrote:well the whole idea of a "custom" controller is to have it laid out to your specifications. just as richie, and monolake, and andrew neuman, and SASHA have their own controllers laid out in the most logical way in reference to how they use live...

it does look hot, but its what you do with it that matters.
:D

I agree Jay. but that line is a loaded response.

Adam, have you ever met Sasha?

PS
I edted your post to include Sasha. He has after all designed his own controler just like robert ritchie and neuam in reference to HOW HE USES LIVE . :wink:

16 bit, please get over it. Once again you have pre-judged a post i've made, assuming that i am dissing Sasha and his controller. Was i dissing the controller? No, i actually enjoy the layout of it. But as the title post of this topic asked "whats so special?" I SAID whats special... by me saying "just as richie, monolake..." i'm INCLUDING Sasha. I can't even whipe my own ass without you accusing me of dissing Sasha.

Everything you just said and somehow implied that i don't agree with - THESE THINGS WERE IMPLIED IN MY POST!!!! I wasnt saying Monolake or Andrew Neuman were any better or worse than Sasha, i was actually lumping them all together.

God and you say i instigate shit. Pot Kettle Black.

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:26 pm

and one other thing....

i thought we AGREED to stay out of each other's way. I have stayed out of your way, but i write one little fucking thing about sasha (that isn't even Negative!!!) and that agreement goes out the window.

but here we go again... thanks for stiring the shit pot all back up.

and don't bother PMing me i deleted your PM without reading it because of our AGREEMENT to stay out of each others way.

drush

Post by drush » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:35 pm

16 BIT wrote:
AdamJay wrote:well the whole idea of a "custom" controller is to have it laid out to your specifications. just as richie, and monolake, and andrew neuman, and SASHA have their own controllers laid out in the most logical way in reference to how they use live...

:D
I agree Jay. but that line is a loaded response.

Adam, have you ever met Sasha?

PS
I edted your post to include Sasha. He has after all designed his own controler just like robert ritchie and neuam in reference to HOW HE USES LIVE . :wink:
i have met sasha. he's a nice enough fellow. what does that get me? no lobotomy? and the next time he's in LA i may actually go see him for curiosity's sake as it relates to his use of Live.

something tells me i'll still hate the music he plays however. WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT about 'how he uses it'. why not jump on me for the utility belt joke? this wouldn't be some ridiculous personal thing you're wasting all of our time with.. would it.

and he wasn't referring to robert ritchie....................

12micsn1

Post by 12micsn1 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:13 am

Im sure even if you dont admire Sasha. This controller seems to be the work of a genuis. It looks perfectly set up for Live better then any other controller I ever seen. Sasha is very lucky to have a one of a kind. Everytime I see this kit Im hoping for it to be mass produced so I can get my grubby hands on one for a demo.

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:20 am

12micsn1 wrote:Im sure even if you dont admire Sasha. This controller seems to be the work of a genuis. It looks perfectly set up for Live better then any other controller I ever seen. Sasha is very lucky to have a one of a kind. Everytime I see this kit Im hoping for it to be mass produced so I can get my grubby hands on one for a demo.
Why not let your own genius flow? Create your own perfect peice of kit, with the same tools that Sasha likely used for his:

http://www.ucapps.de
I cant think of a sig