mpc 3000 control with Live 8

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
splittee

mpc 3000 control with Live 8

Post by splittee » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:05 pm

I'm kind of new to Ableton and to using my MPC 3000 as a midi controller for a software program. I've got a midi to USB connector and I've hooked things up but I'm as good as lost from there on:

A. What to do with my MPC (i.e. what settings in the MIDI control menu to have)
B. How to set specific assigned controls in Ableton (so for example I'd like to use my MPC pads with the drum kit or with impulse).

Also, is it possible to chop up samples on the MPC and feed them into Ableton drum racks as sounds?

So, very basic stuff. If there is a video tutorial on how to do this or if someone could spell things out very linearly (or direct me to a thread on this forum where this has been discussed before), I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm running Live 8 on Windows Vista
I've got an MPC 3000LE

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

DJAnyStyle

Re: mpc 3000 control with Live 8

Post by DJAnyStyle » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:52 pm

I too wonder about controlling Ableton with an MPC.
(LISTEN.com)
--- --- ---
iMac Al 24" (3.06Ghz, 4GB), Unibody MBP 15" (2.53Ghz, 4GB), Lexicon Pro i-Onix u82s, APC40, 25SL MkII, NI Maschine, 2x 1200 M3Ds, Rane TTM 57SL, KRK V6 Series 2, Digitech FS3X, Rode NT1000/M3, sE Reflexion Filter...

Tone Deft

Re: mpc 3000 control with Live 8

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:52 pm

on the main screen for the MPC on the lower left where it says MIDI turn that on.

in Live enable REMOTE IN for CC control, enable TRACK IN for note control enable SYNC in for midi clock sync.

on the MPC hit the 2nd screen (I'm doing this from memory, I'm not in my studio) set the clock output. I can check my clock settings later if you need it.

in Live hit the EXT button then hit play on the MPC, they should start, stop and track bpms.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz