Welcome to the "Max for Live" Beta bugs forum

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Alex

Welcome to the "Max for Live" Beta bugs forum

Post by Alex » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi folks,

Welcome to the "Max For Live" Beta bugs forum.

This forum should be used ONLY to post Max For Live beta related bugs.
We have a separate forum for conversation and feedback: http://forum.ableton.com/viewforum.php?f=35

To submit a bug report Live Pack, please mail it to mfl-beta@ableton.com

Please keep in mind that this forum is currently visible only for M4L beta testers. Please do not discuss the M4L forums outside of the M4L forums themselves.

Kind Regards
/Alex

Max for Live Beta Testing FAQs

Which bugs should I report?
Please report all bugs you come across, including bugs in the installation, authorization, Library content and documentation.

Where should I report bugs?
Descriptions of bugs should be posted to the bugs forum. Please start a new thread for every new issue. Crashes and reports that need additional material (like Live Sets) to be demonstrated should be emailed to mfl-beta@ableton.com.

What is a Crash Live Pack, and what do I do with it?
When a beta version of Live crashes it will create a Crash Live Pack (.alp file) when started the next time. This file will be created on your desktop. It contains some information that is useful for us to reproduce the crash. Please email this file to mfl-beta@ableton.com.

How can I report a bug that I can see but not describe easily?
In Live's Help Menu you'll find an entry called "Do Bug Reporting Snapshot". This creates a Live Pack, much like the Crash Live Packs mentioned above. Start Live, do what is necessary to demonstrate the bug, select "Do Bug Reporting Snapshot" and email the resulting .alp file (created on your Desktop) to mfl-beta@ableton.com

Which information should I include with a bug report posted in this forum?
A most useful bug report consists of a step-by-step instruction how to reproduce the bug (be sure to include all steps even if they don't seem to matter) followed by information about the version of Live and Max, the operating system and the hardware you use (computer, audio interface, MIDI controllers etc.). You can put the OS and hardware information in your forum signature so that it is always appended.

How do I see if a bug I reported has been fixed?
All bugs that have been fixed will be mentioned in the change-log of the version where the fix appears first. In some cases we will also reply to the corresponding forum threads asking you to verify the fix.

What does the cryptic stuff in the thread titles mean (e.g [frs], [4356])?
Basically, this means that we took care of the thread. The tags refer either to employees taking care of the thread or to bug numbers in our database.
Please don't add or change them yourself; they are for "internal use only".

I emailed to mfl-beta@ableton.com but did not get an answer!
Unfortunately, we are not able to answer all mails. We'll get back to you if we need additional information. But be assured that we process all reports that we receive. They are very valuable to us.

Will there always a beta version available that has not expired?
We try hard to ensure that there will always be a current beta up to the official release.

How should I beta-test Live?
There is no general answer, but we recommend that you do the things you would also do with the final version; i.e. work in a real world scenario. Once you find a problem, try to narrow it down to a small, reproducible, step-by-step instruction.

Can Live X and the Max for Live Beta coexist on the same computer?
Yes. The Max for Live Betea creates a new Library installs content there. If you work on projects created with other versions of Live, please make sure to use a copy in the Max for Live Beta, because once you have saved a Live Set or Preset in the beta version it will not open in earlier versions anymore.