Live.remote and Live.object and undo points

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Michael Hatsis

Live.remote and Live.object and undo points

Post by Michael Hatsis » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:08 am

Im using Live.remote~ or live.object to constantly modulate a device control in Live. By default, or as one would expect, this will create an undo point in Lives undo history for every step that the mfl controlled param is changed.
So if i have an LFO in a MFL device that modulates a parameter in a Live device, say the delay time in a ping pong delay, Live will create an undo point for each change of the delay time.
Is there any way to block these controls from creating an undo point? This kind of kills the idea of Live having an undo function. I looked around in the attributes of the Live.object object as well as the MFL documentation but didn't see anything relating.

Thanks,
Michael

jeremydb

Re: Live.remote and Live.object and undo points

Post by jeremydb » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:54 pm

live.remote~ is definitely not supposed to generate events in the undo history. Are you observing that it is?

Jeremy
mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:Im using Live.remote~ or live.object to constantly modulate a device control in Live. By default, or as one would expect, this will create an undo point in Lives undo history for every step that the mfl controlled param is changed.
So if i have an LFO in a MFL device that modulates a parameter in a Live device, say the delay time in a ping pong delay, Live will create an undo point for each change of the delay time.
Is there any way to block these controls from creating an undo point? This kind of kills the idea of Live having an undo function. I looked around in the attributes of the Live.object object as well as the MFL documentation but didn't see anything relating.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael Hatsis

Re: Live.remote and Live.object and undo points

Post by Michael Hatsis » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:30 pm

sorry about that. Remote~ works as you described.
My max device was using a gate to switch between the two modes and I think it got caught up with the fact that I had it default to live.object, then when i switched to Live.remote, it didn't grey out the controlled param. when i set it to initialize using remote~, it works fine, greys out device and doesn't record the movement of the param.

thanks,
Michael