MONITER HELP PLEASE!!!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
ajargy

MONITER HELP PLEASE!!!

Post by ajargy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Hey Guys,

I need some help figuring out my moniter...

I use Live to DJ, I have an APC 40, and a Native Instruments Audio 4 DJ (2 channel external audio interface). I have my Master Out set as 1/2 and my Cue Out set as 3/4.

The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out to set my monitor so that I ONLY hear the track that is Cued. For example, I have a track playing in my column set as Deck A, and I want to bring in a track in Deck B, but when I hit the Cue button for deck B, I can still hear deck A in my headphones. I want my headphones to only play what is Cued, NOT the track that is currently playing.

Is there anyway I can set this up so I can do this? Also, maybe there is a way to be able to switch between hearing both tracks, and ONLY the Cued track through my headphones?

Thanks!!! :D

Re: MONITER HELP PLEASE!!!

Post by 337 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:30 am

Okay, so this explanation will probably be longer than it needs to be but oh well. So theres four possible ways for you to send audio from a channel when you have you monitors coming out the master and your headphones set up for the cue out

1) Audio is playing and sent to both the master and the cue
2) Audio is just being sent to the cue
3) Audio is just being send to the master
4) Audio is playing but not being sent to either

So theres a picture of two channels and the master with the button above the headphones level set to cue and not solo.

Basically if you want to hear a channel through your headphone then you make sure the blue headphone button under the channel number is on like on tracks 10 and 11.

If you you dont want the audio going out the master channel then you can turn off the track by clicking the track number button as in track 11.

So in the picture you have both tracks cued up but only track 10 can be heard through your monitors.

Hope that helps and wasnt too long..

ajargy

Re: MONITER HELP PLEASE!!!

Post by ajargy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:15 pm

Thank you SO much!

You are beautiful. Much love. :mrgreen: