11/sept- A great day for celebration! Happy Birthday Fanny..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
friend_kami

Re: 11/sept- A great day for celebration! Happy Birthday Fanny..

Post by friend_kami » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:40 pm

mojofunk wrote:A moment of silence for the 2,993.

And another for the at least 753,399 killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.
+1

derzai

Post by derzai » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:47 pm

friend_kami wrote:
mojofunk wrote:A moment of silence for the 2,993.

And another for the at least 753,399 killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.
+1
And the 5.4 million in the second Congo war.

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:33 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
smutek wrote: The thing that irks me is that some folks who fancy themselves to be "left of center" think that 9/11 is somehow fair game strictly because of the existence of these other atrocities, particularly those committed by the United States, and that those who mourn it or want to give it a place in that "holy ground", as you call it, are by extension fair game as well.

They are fair game, even more so than 9/11. Anybody who thinks a person or particular event should be sacred and above humor is.
Our 9/11 or Chile's 9/11, Qana in 1996 or the Sbarro bombing in 2001, Sabra and Shatila or the Marine barracks in Beirut, Iran Air flight 655 or Pan Am flight 103, the Armenian Holocaust or the Jewish Holocaust - you see to me they are all sacred, they all deserve that "holy ground", and I think I may always find jokes about them in poor taste - especially when they are made with malicious intent.
You're fair game then. It's your own outrage that makes it even funnier to some. Basically you have to ask yourself how much of a hypocrite do I want to be? or how little humor do I want in my life?

I will never censor humor, ever. I would say my 'holy ground' is humor. You can bitch and whine all you want about a particular joke etc. but all humor is based on someone being made into an ass, or a sacred topic is poked fun at, done wrong etc. There really isn't any exception to this, and the humor that's the 'nicest' simply isn't that funny IMO.
Bitch and whine? Sure, you can see it any way you'd like, but at this point I was looking at it more along the lines of a normal discourse.

I never said you should censor humor. I've stated (for the third time now) that I do not feel the intent of the original author was humor.

I conceded your point, I agreed with it.

Yet somehow you keep missing that.

Maybe this is intentional?

Maybe you're the OP and you're pissed because I called you a cunt?

Maybe you're just thick?

All of the above?

I don't know. I don't care either, at this point I've lost interest.

For the record, I don't feel very outraged either.

Really.

Honestly.

Seriously.

Perhaps you mistook my liberal use of italics and underlining as OUTRAGE, sorry, I was using them to try to focus you on certain points I felt you might have missed otherwise - although you obviously can read, I worried that you might be lacking when it comes to basic comprehension skills.

Your first "ask yourself" (you remember, a couple posts back?) seemed to make sense, so I did ask myself and I tried to answer you in a thoughtful, intelligent manner.

I see no need, however, to ask myself "how much of a hypocrite do I want to be?" or "how much humor do I want in my life", although both sound fairly deep and meaningful, I fail to see how they are at all remotely relevant to anything I've written.

A more intellectually capable person might have attempted to expound on their statements just a bit. I'd ask you to explain but, as I mentioned, I'm no longer interested in continuing this dialog with you.

I have to say that I do find it amusingly ironic that you state "The thing that irks me and probably others, is that 9/11 is considered taboo by many, while other atrocities are OK" yet then you go on to say, above, that because I actually do care about (and could actually name some of) those "other atrocities" that I am also fair game.

Umm, ok.

Bye now.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:56 pm

For the record, I don't feel very outraged either.

Really.

Honestly.

Seriously.
Then why bother writing a freaking essay in response? ROFLMAO! :lol:

A: You, are the one who's used aliases on this forum, you even got called out for it. It's more than ironic that you're accusing other people of that.

B: You, you personally, not all the other people who only hold 9/11 as a sacred taboo, but you personally, who cannot laugh at ANY tragedy if it fits into what you consider to be too much, you are a target as well. I really shouldn't have to clear that up. My point is plain and simple, not a huge mess of complexities for you to trip over.

Fuck em! if they can't take a joke! <---words to live by!

C: YOU DO take this type of thing waaaay too personally, otherwise, you wouldn't desperately try to win by grandiosely stating your "last word" on the subject, or create aliases to dog on other forum members etc.

D: Try to laugh a little more. Your last post was good for me! I'm aware you have a different opinion on the subject than I do, and that, and only that is what I'm interested in. The personal huffiness and need to attack isn't that important or interesting to me. We're 3K miles away from each other, it's not a real relationship. If it is, I'm breaking up with you right now! First off, I'm not gay, and we've never had sex, so it's not functional from the get go. :?

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:10 am

Wow, it's like an ableton forum old-timers dick fest in here! :D

My hope on this day is that humans will come closer to letting go of the cycle of hatred and retribution.
Yoda wrote:Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:27 am

@ machines

Ok, I'll break with my "grandiose" last word pattern. I'll try to be quick, as you are the guy who calls a few lines an "essay".

I didn't accuse you of anything. "Maybe you are" isn't an accusation, a taunt - yes. Accusation, no. (comprehension?)

I used an alias to dog on one forum member one time - and got called out the first time I did it. Use it against me all you want, I must admit, it helps obscure the fact, for more dim witted folk at least, that what you write makes no sense - and that you are simply not able to address the fact that I conceded your point waaaaaaaaay back - reminded you of that 4 times now, and stated that the original posters intent was not humor. But you are still on about how I have no sense of humor.

You see? It's a one sided dialog. Sure, it's frustrating, I thought you were smart. (I'm kidding)

Seriously though, I was just looking for a discussion, honestly. I genuinely thought what you wrote was interesting, originally. Then you're all on about "targets" and such.

I guess I kind of do take this stuff serious, dead people and all.

I should lighten up, it is only the internet after all. In 'real life' I probably would have knocked all of your teeth out as soon as you called me a target.

(I'm kidding - really, that was a joke)

I'll try to lighten up about massive amounts of dead people from now on.

Ok, seriously, I have to go. No harm no foul. Sorry. I'm a dick, your really cool.

You win.

:?

Ok, really though, all sarcasm aside.... peace. No beef or whatever on my end.

8)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:10 am

smutek wrote:I didn't accuse you of anything. "Maybe you are" isn't an accusation, a taunt - yes. Accusation, no. (comprehension?)
It's a way of slanting the conversation, drawing false conclusions as to my purpose. Again, I shouldn't have to explain why you would use that tactic.
I used an alias to dog on one forum member one time - and got called out the first time I did it. Use it against me all you want, I must admit, it helps obscure the fact, for more dim witted folk at least, that what you write makes no sense - and that you are simply not able to address the fact that I conceded your point waaaaaaaaay back - reminded you of that 4 times now, and stated that the original posters intent was not humor. But you are still on about how I have no sense of humor.
Never said you have no sense of humor, I said you had certain taboo subjects, that, has nothing to do with your conjecture about the original posters intent. See bellow.
Machinesworking wrote:
smutek wrote: Our 9/11 or Chile's 9/11, Qana in 1996 or the Sbarro bombing in 2001, Sabra and Shatila or the Marine barracks in Beirut, Iran Air flight 655 or Pan Am flight 103, the Armenian Holocaust or the Jewish Holocaust - you see to me they are all sacred, they all deserve that "holy ground", and I think I may always find jokes about them in poor taste - especially when they are made with malicious intent.
You're fair game then. It's your own outrage that makes it even funnier to some.
this was posted waaaay after your "explanations", and is very obviously my explanation.

I should lighten up, it is only the internet after all. In 'real life' I probably would have knocked all of your teeth out as soon as you called me a target.

(I'm kidding - really, that was a joke)

Ok, seriously, I have to go. No harm no foul. Sorry. I'm a dick, your really cool.

You win.

:?

Ok, really though, all sarcasm aside.... peace. No beef or whatever on my end.

8)
Bullshit, that reads as total butthurt. This is exactly why you are a target for this sort of thing, you have no sense of humor about what you consider taboo. I'm not trying to "win" anything, I've simply been trying to explain to you that to a degree you getting upset is your own hypocrisy, as I'm sure there are a ton of terrible things that happened and terrible things in general that in right context you find funny. I never pointed to myself or others and let the rest of us off the hook on this subject, ( I did say I try to remain comedy neutral ) but it is interesting to me, and that's exactly why I responded to your posts, nothing more. The fact that every time people engage online about any subject of any merit at all, they end up in dick wagging contests....... that, is lame.
I think I finally found a quote worthy post! :twisted:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:15 am

ethios4 wrote: My hope on this day is that humans will come closer to letting go of the cycle of hatred and retribution.
Well in the sense that in many ways we are closer to being kind than we were 100 years ago or 1000 years ago, every day that passes is closer. 8)

jsg4z

Post by jsg4z » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:29 am

Emissary wrote: Q: What's the last thing that went through the minds of the 9/11 jumpers?
A: Their ankles.

both of these made me laugh out loud

can we just delete 9-11 from the calendar? like some hotels dont have a 13th floor? stop pretending its a big deal that some people died

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:58 am

Machinesworking wrote:
DrXparaMental wrote: For the life of me I don't know why the rest of us even come here.
You're right, you're so much more above this "place".
You're right.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:01 am

DrXparaMental wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
DrXparaMental wrote: For the life of me I don't know why the rest of us even come here.
You're right, you're so much more above this "place".
You're right.
Well then, don't let the door hit yah where the good lord split yah on your way out! :mrgreen:

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:04 am

Machinesworking wrote: Well then, don't let the door hit yah where the good lord split yah on your way out! :mrgreen:
No need, I'm already gone. I am just hanging out to make sure what needs to be taken care of is.

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:08 am

DrXparaMental wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: Well then, don't let the door hit yah where the good lord split yah on your way out! :mrgreen:
No need, I'm already gone. I am just hanging out to make sure what needs to be taken care of is.
So magnanimous and yet so cryptic. I knew you were a man with a cape. :wink:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:29 am

scott nathaniel wrote:
DrXparaMental wrote:
So magnanimous and yet so cryptic. I knew you were a man with a cape. :wink:
and pantyhose too! :mrgreen:

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:31 am

Yes, machines, you're obviously not trying to "win anything".

Yet you keep on wagging your dick.

:roll: