Rainy in SF

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
porfiry

Rainy in SF

Post by porfiry » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:15 pm

Wicked thunder woke us up.

So, we've been here a week, just have the weekend left...if you're from around here, or if you frequent the city, please feel free to make one suggestion of something we must do before we leave. We may have done it already, or it may be the magical thing to finish off the trip.

Music, restaurant, landmark, whatever. We're on a budget, so control yourself. :)

vicz

Re: Rainy in SF

Post by vicz » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Sunny in England. What's going wrong with the world?

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:06 pm

rainy in austin texas
rain=boson havoc no workie :(

i have plenty of food soooo
i guess this means i need to work on music all day
:)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:26 pm

^ yay!! me too. I can't ride because I screwed my knee up running with the wife. after 2 years of her asking me to run with her she finally believes I have bad knees. this sucks.

yeah, those were some wicked loud thunderstorms this morning. we get those once maybe twice a year.

what should you do? what kinds of things are you and the wife into? what have you liked? hiking? driving? indoor? outdoor? how inexpensive?
Alcatraz
Rodeo Beach/Point Bonita
Stinson Beach
Fort Baker
Fort Point
Lands End
SFMOMA
Exploratorium
CA Academy Of Sciences
Angel Island
Sausalito
Tiburon
Mt Tamalpais
Muir Woods (think speederbike scene from Jedi or whichever it was)
ride a cable car
check out Lombard St
Santa Cruz
Berkeley
Haight St
Golden Gate Park
Ocean Beach
go to a Giants game
there's a Chocolate Festival at Ghiradelli Square
Audium
Twin Peaks (for the view)
Hawk Hill (Conzelman Drive for the view)
drive out to Treasure Island for the view
Chinatown
North Beach
Glen Park (since you asked about it)
Museum Mecanique

I could go on and on...

I'm playing with my toys today. :mrgreen:

at least the weather during the week was great, been loving it.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:51 pm

vicz wrote:Sunny in England. What's going wrong with the world?
Must be the magnetic field getting ready to flip. It's been raining in Miami every day for months! 8O
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:57 pm

spend the day in Carmel.. then off to Monterey..

LuckyLoo

Post by LuckyLoo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:09 pm

Go see the redwoods in Muir woods.

Tunecrew

Post by Tunecrew » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:29 am

lighthouse @ Pt. Reyes is one of my favourite spots, and a very cool drive and walk all in one
Live 9 Suite
Macbook Pro (Mid-2015 15" 2.8 GHz i7 1 TB Radeon GPU)
APC-40

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:16 am

SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

porfiry

Post by porfiry » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:25 am

Thanks for the replies...I didn't see them, because for some reason the ableton forum decided to stop mailing me even though "notify me" is checked. Anyway, we found some stuff to do. We did take a drive up north one day in a rental car and came down on Hwy 1...it was totally socked in with fog up there, but that didn't make Stinson Beach suck regardless...it is really excellent up there. And I got to scare my wife with some curvy-road driving, which I don't get to do nearly enough.

We did do about 2/3 of the stuff on your list at the very least, Tone, either on this trip or when we were there last November. I had no idea of the existence of that Audium though...I would have gone out of my way for something that strange.

One thing we did that's not on the list is eat at the Tonga Room Sunday night...the food is rather a joke, but wow, that room is pure magic. I wish someone would take it over who knows what the fuck they're doing with a tiki bar. And that the talk of ripping it out to put up cheese-dick condos would shrivel and die. It's a total ripoff, but I would recommend anyone go there just to see it. As my tiki-freak friend from Minneapolis did for me.

One other thing of note...we went to an electronic noise show in Berkeley on Thursday. All I can say about that is, "wow," and I mean that in the most question-mark sort of way. 8O

Finally, if you're going to travel, get an iPhone. What a fucking miracle those things are.

rozling

Post by rozling » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:38 am

porfiry wrote:I had no idea of the existence of that Audium though...I would have gone out of my way for something that strange.
lol - I dragged my girlfriend miles across the city for that when we visited. We ran to get there in time and were hoping it would be great (didn't help I hyped it up in order to convince her), but we left a bit :?

As soon as all the lights went off (there is literally 0 light for a time) we got the giggles though so it was kinda doomed from the start for us. It felt a bit like that Plane'arium episode of South Park.

Love the city, a great thing to do is hire bikes and explore that way. Oh and on the iPhone bit, TripIt is the greatest thing since sliced iPhone - designed for people like me who forget where they put things...

porfiry

Post by porfiry » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:11 pm

That looks pretty handy...I was able to coordinate a map I'd saved on Google with my iPhone using this guy's service, which worked quite nicely. Google has said they're going to allow access to saved maps sooner or later, but who knows when.

I tend to view deep retro cheese with reverence (for instance, Tonga), so the Audium would probably be like fuckin' mecca for me if it is as you say. :)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:16 pm

ha I was at Stinson beach on Saturday... if you saw a bunch of little kids in Karate outfits in the cold azz water my son was one of em. Did you get stuck behind the pillar of cyclists?

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Tone Deft wrote:^ yay!! me too. I can't ride because I screwed my knee up running with the wife. after 2 years of her asking me to run with her she finally believes I have bad knees. this sucks.

yeah, those were some wicked loud thunderstorms this morning. we get those once maybe twice a year.

what should you do? what kinds of things are you and the wife into? what have you liked? hiking? driving? indoor? outdoor? how inexpensive?
Alcatraz
Rodeo Beach/Point Bonita
Stinson Beach
Fort Baker
Fort Point
Lands End
SFMOMA
Exploratorium
CA Academy Of Sciences
Angel Island
Sausalito
Tiburon
Mt Tamalpais
Muir Woods (think speederbike scene from Jedi or whichever it was)
ride a cable car
check out Lombard St
Santa Cruz
Berkeley
Haight St
Golden Gate Park
Ocean Beach
go to a Giants game
there's a Chocolate Festival at Ghiradelli Square
Audium
Twin Peaks (for the view)
Hawk Hill (Conzelman Drive for the view)
drive out to Treasure Island for the view
Chinatown
North Beach
Glen Park (since you asked about it)
Museum Mecanique

I could go on and on...

I'm playing with my toys today. :mrgreen:

at least the weather during the week was great, been loving it.
Damnit man, you'll have them go down to Santa Cruz but not visit San Jose's very own Winchester Mystery House?!?! It's spoooooky I tell you!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:25 pm

^ :lol:

spooky - hmmmm?

fuckin weird - oh yeah...