Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sleepingbird

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Post by sleepingbird » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:10 pm

8O wrote:The usual request: it would be great if the installer didn't keep installing Live Packs for instruments I don't own. Since going through all the betas it's been over 12 times now that I've had to sit and wait and watch the installer install Analog, Collision, Electric, Tension, and then first thing I do when it's finished is go to uninstall them again. It's not a massive problem, just an annoying little thing that I constantly associate with beta testing... A more efficient install of only the instruments I have actually purchased might encourage more people to use the betas...

Please consider this for 8.0.6b1/8.1b1 :wink: - thanks.
+1

i find it simply malicious behaviour to have stuff installed i didn't ask for. certain (other) (audio-)software companies do that to an extend, that i won't even follow their new version releases anymore and simply completely write them off as potential apps.

please don't head down that route, it shouldn't be necessary and is nothing else than annoying.

bagginz

Post by bagginz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:49 pm

sleepingbird wrote:
8O wrote:The usual request: it would be great if the installer didn't keep installing Live Packs for instruments I don't own. Since going through all the betas it's been over 12 times now that I've had to sit and wait and watch the installer install Analog, Collision, Electric, Tension, and then first thing I do when it's finished is go to uninstall them again. It's not a massive problem, just an annoying little thing that I constantly associate with beta testing... A more efficient install of only the instruments I have actually purchased might encourage more people to use the betas...

+1

i find it simply malicious behaviour to have stuff installed i didn't ask for.
+1

I also find this irritating. AS well as a waste of time. It shows up as SPAM to me.

I use the (excellent) core Live program and I am not at all interested in buying or trying the add on instruments.

I have a collection of 3rd party VST plugs that I work with and am very happy with.

So, Abe's another polite request to please stop with the covert spamvertsing. It sullies the company's image.

cheers,
bagginz

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:03 pm

I also find this irritating. AS well as a waste of time. It shows up as SPAM to me.

I use the (excellent) core Live program and I am not at all interested in buying or trying the add on instruments.

I have a collection of 3rd party VST plugs that I work with and am very happy with.

So, Abe's another polite request to please stop with the covert spamvertsing. It sullies the company's image.
Defintely +1
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

astar

Post by astar » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:51 am

+1.

Uninstalling live packs for instruments I don't own after every release is annoying and un-necessary. Can we not have a basic install with no add-ons?
Asus A8JS, Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2GHz, 2GB DDR2 667Mhz, 100GB 5400RPM SATA, Echo Indigo IOX, Windows XP SP3, Live 8.0.5

otojin

Post by otojin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:35 am

I canceled the auto install, ran a library repair, and was able to update just the library and lesson packs. I don't use anything in the library though, so if this doesn't correctly update everything it's not something I'd pick up on. I don't have any add-on instruments, so I don't know if those can be updated just from their live packs.

DEEMUSIC

Post by DEEMUSIC » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:00 am

I have a question, What happen to the third party plugin support I mean they worked fine in 7 then 8 comes out and they don't all work what did the code change for VST support why did they change it if so, the reason I use Live because of its flexibilty and I like it alot but I feel like I brought a car last year and it run real good and they come out with a newer version with more bells and whistles I traded the old model for the new which is a lemon. NOT COOL AT ALL MAN. :(

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:21 am

Ugh, the Looper memory leak bug is still there :(.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

Fieldmedic

Post by Fieldmedic » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:37 am

Changes from Live 8.0.4 to Live 8.0.5

Improvements:

When using the APC40 Controller surface script, we check if the selection MIDI ports are the one from the APC40
What does this mean? because it sounds like a safeguard against NativeKontrol and Bome's translator patches to me..
can anyone using a hacked APC40 setup and 8.0.5 speak on this?

thanks,
FM

kconlan

Post by kconlan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:27 am

Fieldmedic wrote:

Improvements:

When using the APC40 Controller surface script, we check if the selection MIDI ports are the one from the APC40
What does this mean? because it sounds like a safeguard against NativeKontrol and Bome's translator patches to me..

thanks,
FM

NativeKontrol's apC-CL1 preset works fine with 8.0.5 for me.

Fieldmedic

Post by Fieldmedic » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:52 am

GREAT! thank you, CW.

KC.

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:15 am

Fieldmedic wrote:

Improvements:

thanks,
FM
I thought the same thing when I saw this... but my nativeKontrol pack works fine also.

If they were to change this so that they start 'blocking' other template developers, it would be a game changer for me, I would lose all respect for them.

Kaiman

Post by Kaiman » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Tow bugs found so far just after installing Live 8.0.5:

1. When saving >>>> "there is not enough memory available......."

2. Looper seems to be the problem (above) at least of what i experienced, I managed to save each track separately but not the one with Looper.

I've read many people reported those issues but no possible solution have been found. Looper is still Alpha, huge latency delay.

It's very frustrating to waist my time everyday trying to find out solutions. I am a musician and need to work, that means to make and perform music, and all these bugs are against creativity and efficiency. That's a serious thing though.

Parametex

Post by Parametex » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:22 pm

Yop!

Works well better than 8.0.3 ... I actually got some work done today ;) ;) ;)

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:49 pm

EDIT: Never mind.

ghatam1

Post by ghatam1 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:11 pm

Please drop the bloatware....it took me longer to install this upgrade than to install my os.