How could I possibly have reached unlock limit?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
solar28

How could I possibly have reached unlock limit?

Post by solar28 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:49 am

So, I can't authorize my Live 8.05 because ableton says Live 8 has reached it's unlock limit on this machine. All the other live instruments (I have Suite) unlock fine, but Ableton Live 8.05 itself won't auth.

I have only installed 8.01 + the updates as they've been released. I have not changed the computer hardware (other than having something different plugged in a USB port)

So how could I have reached my unlock limit? It makes no sense, and if installing point releases uses all my authorizations, then to me it is nothing but a bug, and a big one at that.

So, now, everytime I upgrade my Live 8 I can't authorize? Obviously I've contacted support, but if this is the case, I call BS. Is this behavior considered OK by the abes?

zalo

Re: How could I possibly have reached unlock limit?

Post by zalo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:43 am

don't worry, this will get taken care of, its not like you are going to be frozen out of using live

im sure they can put a reset on your unlock

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:37 am

yea, I got hit with that yesterday... I wrote and they corrected.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:46 am

Tsk, early adopters. Don't you know your supposed to wait for Live 9 before dowloading Live 8!

:wink:

Marçelus

Post by Marçelus » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:29 pm

it happened to me too with first release of live 8 after a couple of weeks...i installed 8.0.4 and the problem solved itself

ark

Post by ark » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Versions of Live before 8.0.4 included the network configuration as part of the computer's identity. I found out about that when turning off my laptop's network card triggered a request for reauthorization (which was a bit of a pain becuase the network card was turned off!) I turned it off because if I leave it on while the laptop is disconnected from the network, its repeated attempts to reconnect cause audio glitches.

Anyway, my understanding is that the authorization mechanism changed in 8.0.4 and this is much oess of a problem than it used to be.

Either way, the Ableton customer-service folks are good about taking care of such problems when asked.

solar28

Post by solar28 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:57 pm

They sorted me out first thing this AM. So kudos to their customer support. I'm still thinking that no hardware changes combined with point releases should still not have caused an unlock limit (upgraded from 8.04)

I also ran into that issue with the network cards before 8.04, glad they solved that (though I'm afraid to disable my nic to test it, he he)