Who hates Capitalism?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
starving student

Re: Who hates Capitalism?

Post by starving student » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:56 pm

knotkranky wrote:
That is what sucks the most about recent ot's and this one.

You're just an arsonist in a way. You wanna light a match and marvel at the thread you started.

Be compelling, make a point, show you have command of the subject.
it sounds like you want to be impressed which is fine but hardly the reason why everyone get's involved with a thread as a matter of fact those are more reasons not to get involved with a thread if it doesn't meet your criteria.
you do realize that the arsonist analogy and the like is just internet speak, there is nothing wrong with
being in a room with other people and listening to the conversation, the fact that you started the conversation doesn't mean anything did you know the start of most conversations is 'what do you do'? which
the topic starter could hardly be an expert in....that's just an example.

my point is that there is this weird psuedo kingdom going on on the internet and it's kind of weird there are no counts and countesses or a kingdom with a king for that matter, just a bunch of ideas hopefully being shared respectfully.

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:00 am

sesshin wrote:Yeah I hate the fact I was able to start my own business and make loads of money from it.

:roll:

I think your problem is probably with unregulated free market capitalism, not capitalism itself.
You just have to look at the USA to see everything that is wrong with capitalism. 46 million without healthcare because somehow good health and even life itself has a price tag for a start!

domwave

Post by domwave » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:06 am

allright starving student.
my point is.
all those who have social-care,a job and probalbly just money should shut up and keep out of this discussion.i'm more inerested on those reply's where you can see that "captialism" is affecting "them".

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:16 am

domwave wrote:allright starving student.
my point is.
all those who have social-care,a job and probalbly just money should shut up and keep out of this discussion.i'm more inerested on those reply's where you can see that "captialism" is affecting "them".
I respect your opinion where mine differs is that I don't believe there is any benefit to investing in supression. someone who doesn't fit the criteria you listed might have the best answer or idea..what then?
but that's just my opinion, all of our opinions are free so I don't see the harm.

domwave

Post by domwave » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:32 am

starving student wrote:
domwave wrote:allright starving student.
my point is.
I respect your opinion where mine differs is that I don't believe there is any benefit to investing in supression. someone who doesn't fit the criteria you listed might have the best answer or idea..what then?
but that's just my opinion, all of our opinions are free so I don't see the harm.
no harm indeed.
but same shit:
you can talk about aids but you never give the same answer than somebody who is infected.
hence,it's absurd to talk about §capitalism hate§ when you sit in a comfortable room with everything you need.
all i can get now is the fear of losing it, this debate ,but,have nothing to do with THE POINT.
yes.good will be to think about to change something in a creative way,to bring something forward.

sesshin

Post by sesshin » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:27 am

Sage wrote:
sesshin wrote:Yeah I hate the fact I was able to start my own business and make loads of money from it.

I think your problem is probably with unregulated free market capitalism, not capitalism itself.
You just have to look at the USA to see everything that is wrong with capitalism. 46 million without healthcare because somehow good health and even life itself has a price tag for a start!
The millions without health care isn't a fault of capitalism, it's because there is no universal coverage.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Just because there are negative aspects to capitalism taken to extremes doesn't mean it's all bad.

More importantly, what's the other option besides capitalism? Anarchy? Communism? Be realistic now.

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:28 am

What the fuck is Capitalism?

domwave

Post by domwave » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:43 am

sesshin wrote:
Sage wrote:

The millions without health care isn't a fault of capitalism, it's because there is no universal coverage.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Just because there are negative aspects to capitalism taken to extremes doesn't mean it's all bad.

More importantly, what's the other option besides capitalism? Anarchy? Communism? Be realistic now.

said sesshin while take a bath in his 200000 dollar swimming pool.

see that's what i mean,loser.

why it is called us,why not them's.

OH DEAR!

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:48 am

knotkranky wrote:Spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and OT quality is really dropping these days :roll:
fixed

domwave

Post by domwave » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:59 am

The millions without health care isn't a fault of capitalism, it's because there is no universal coverage
see,
that's the main thing.
now i know why i prefer so much living in europe.
usa live hundred years ago.
usa must be sorted.

MUST!

and be sure it will.
it will come.

but yeah that's OT.

sesshin

Post by sesshin » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:03 am

domwave wrote:
The millions without health care isn't a fault of capitalism, it's because there is no universal coverage
see,
that's the main thing.
usa must be sorted.

MUST!

and be sure it will.
it will come.

but yeah that's OT.
Cool story bro.

domwave

Post by domwave » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:11 am

sesshin wrote:
domwave wrote:
see,
that's the main thing.
usa must be sorted.

MUST!

and be sure it will.
it will come.

but yeah that's OT.

Cool story bro.
thank's,
nothing personal,just a punch to stupidity

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:30 am

Capitalism sounds great! We should try it some day! :P
Professional Shark Jumper.

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:05 am

In the U.S. we really don't have capitalism. Capitalism connects investors with entrepeneurs, maybe silicon valley still does this. Mostly we have finance capitalism, or advanced capitalism, which through alchemy shuffles money around creating great wealth for a few but no real value. This type of unregulated free market fundamentalism is as disgraced as communism, but no wall is going to fall.

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:42 am

Capitalism: I and some other people put our money in a relatively small, locally owned bank. My boss and her husband take out a small business loan and open a coffee shop. They hire me, I get a paycheck, I buy soft synths. That guy makes a living. Value has been created.

Finance Capitalism: Some friends and I have a whole lot of money, we start a hedge fund. We take out a billion dollar loan from a large, multinational bank. We buy a potato chip company, we fire everyone and close the factory. We take out another loan, this time for 2 billion dollars and pay ourselves a bunch of fees and commissions. We send the factory overseas for cheap labor. We've "restructured". We've "cut costs". We take the new potato chip company private, it now has 3 billion dollars of debt. Somebody is already making securities out of that new debt (more commissions and fees). It's magic! We've made millions in a couple months. No value has been created. People lost their jobs (any jobs that were created pay peanuts) but everybody's happy, everybody who counts anyway. That's "Venture Capital", a form of finance capitalism.

And that's not even close to the worst of it; derivatives, securities, futures, CDO's, synthetic CDO's* {Such a thing exists-it's called a CDO Squared- imaginary fake debt that mirrors real life debt so you can sell more debt than actually even exists. Completely toxic and worthless, the govt. and banks agreed to destroy them, which will take years to unwind... }

It's all become a giant scam. I'm sure it all started out as well intentioned innovation. Maybe some of it did create value at some point in the past (unlikely), but we're way past that point now.