[dds] Clock problem

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
mario_2

[dds] Clock problem

Post by mario_2 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:34 am

Hi,
I'm having a problem when the live clock. When I use a metro (metro 4n @quantize 4n @autostart 1 @autostarttime 1), it bangs only on certain 1/4 notes, usually not more than 4 in a row. I tried changing subdivisions but the problem was still there.

If I don't put the "quantize" attribute it does bang periodically but not at the correct time interval. I tried using delay but it didn't work either, which led me to the conclusion that it might be a problem with the clock source, not the metro object.

Thanks

-mario

Dennis DeSantis

Re: Clock problem

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:13 am

Hi mario_2,

Could you send an example of a patch, with info about what you expect vs. what's actually happening?

Thanks,

mario_2

Re: [dds] Clock problem

Post by mario_2 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi,

I sent my bug report to mfl-beta@ableton.com

would yo like me to send it to your email?

-mario

zicarell

Post by zicarell » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Synchronization should be improved in our next build, but without seeing your patch I don't know if it will affect your specific problem. I don't know if it really matters but you probably want @autostarttime 0, not @autostarttime 1. The first tick is 0 because it's easier for people to deal with the quarter notes at tick 480 than 481 etc.

mario_2

Post by mario_2 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:54 pm

I'm sorry, I meant to write "@autostarttime 0".

thanks for the observation

On this image I had just loaded my max device so the counter object is set to 0.

On the next two I had the live set playing. You can see how the counter object had count 4 beats at the fourth bar and 11 by the end of the seventh bar.

-mario