Bags for APC

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
michaellpenman

Bags for APC

Post by michaellpenman » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:11 am

Hey does anyone know if there is a bag to carrier the APC in, And maybe one that also carrier a laptop, soundcard power cord etc

nuxnamon

Re: Bags for APC

Post by nuxnamon » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:16 am

that's hot!!

but seriously, I use a novation bag that was made for the SL25.. works great, very well padded and room for a laptop and plenty of cables..

Kearley

Post by Kearley » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:33 am

http://kearley.bandcamp.com/
http://www.twitter.com/KearleyMusic
Remixes for BT/FrontlineAssembly/Iris/and more.

Obvious Alias

Post by Obvious Alias » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:59 am

I think that the mono365b has potential, and would fit your lappy, the apc40, a nice little audio interface (such as an Ultralite), all of your cables, headphones, and a few other little goodies if needed. I am seriously considering one!
I like cheese.

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Interesting, I use the Ableton new backpack that I bought in spring and the APC40 does fit there (with difficulty), but what makes me wonder is why Ableton did not make this backpack a little bit larger to support APC40, so it would fit in there easily?

Andrejs
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:53 pm

Man that mono bag looks excellent. I bought this Gravis DJ bag last year and it's cool for records, soundcards, laptop, etc, but my APC doesn't exactly fit in it comfortably.

Feeling tempted to sell it and get that mono bag.

mersault

Post by mersault » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Namba Bags makes a bakcpack that fits my APC, my 13 inch macbook (I'm sure it could fit a 15" too, maybe not a 17" though) headphones, cables, a motu 828 (19" rack size).

http://nambagear.com/big-namba-studio-backpack/

I'm not crazy about the looks, but I think it looks less weird in person. I'm planning on getting a new soundcard. 1/2 rack size (a m-audio 1814 fits so easily in one of the pockets!) - so I think I can also fit a small mixer.

....depending on what you do, you can show up to shows with nothing but what's on your back! Its such a great feeling!!! --- from some airports you can even get away with it as your personal baggage - so you can get through with one carry-on PLUS all your gear.

ajargy

Post by ajargy » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:48 pm

Those Namba Backpacks look so sick, I would have gotten one for my APC if I didn't already have a separate laptop bag. All I use is an APC 40, NI Audio 8 DJ, and my laptop, so I fit everything in my laptop bag and I bought the Odyssey hard case for my APC40. I really like the Odyssey BUT THE TOP DOES NOT COME OFF WITHOUT AN ALLAN WRENCH!!! Completely idiotic if you ask me... Whatever, I just put my APC on top of the hard case, and it works fine. Odyssey makes real quality hard cases, and despite the top not coming off, if you are looking for something to carry ONLY your APC, I would recommend the Odyssey hard case.