Hey Dom, where's the love for the Serato/Ableton collab?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
simpleton

Re: Hey Dom, where's the love for the Serato/Ableton collab?

Post by simpleton » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:54 pm

djsynchro wrote:
SubFunk wrote:when it's on the table, regarding products.
When it's on the tableton.
I just hope they keep it simple :wink:
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:14 pm

simpleton wrote:
djsynchro wrote:
SubFunk wrote:when it's on the table, regarding products.
When it's on the tableton.
I just hope they keep it simple :wink:
:lol:
*** Image GAFM ***

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:32 pm

I just hope it's not something like Serato ITCH. I would much rather see a Max4Live-esque Scratch4Live product.

The only worry is that it won't be stable enough for DJ's. And in that respect, I will gladly wait two more years without a peep from either company. I want them to put out an impenetrable tank of a product.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:38 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote:I just hope it's not something like Serato ITCH. I would much rather see a Max4Live-esque Scratch4Live product.

The only worry is that it won't be stable enough for DJ's. And in that respect, I will gladly wait two more years without a peep from either company. I want them to put out an impenetrable tank of a product.
sounds very good, but i guarantee it want happen... the DJ market is nearly as bad as the mobil phone market, you need to come up with something new every 6 month... if they take so long, others will have half a dozen products selling already on the market.

ableton is a company, a big company our days, they are in absolute no way different (except the support team) then any other money orientated company.

it will be just about gaining a higher market share with DJs, the product does not really matter, besides can you re-invent the wheel?
*** Image GAFM ***

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:12 pm

update: got an email from the abes.. don't know if it's automated but it says they are in the process of looking for a new PR person but I should get a response soon.. I'll keep u guys updated but it doesn't seem a whole lot of people are really excited about this.. Maybe most people only use one app (serato or ableton) to dj and maybe only a few like me use both..

Dalski

Post by Dalski » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:24 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote:I just hope it's not something like Serato ITCH. I would much rather see a Max4Live-esque Scratch4Live product.

THIS!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:25 pm

SubFunk wrote:the DJ market is nearly as bad as the mobil phone market, you need to come up with something new every 6 month.
what?

who's putting out new stuff every six months?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:11 am

Stable mid clock output seems a hard nut to bust, Native Instruments Traktor Scratch Pro still hasn't got it down even with their latest update 1.2.1

I guess no matter what you'll never have a 100% reliable midi clock when dealing with turntables, the wow and flutter will give you a distorted result, but it Traktor still hasn't been able to give a good result at all

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Speaking of DJ products... musiciansfriend.com's stupid deal of the day is the Stanton DaScratch for $99. i guess that's 50% off the regular price for those that are interested.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:21 pm

Am I the only person who is hoping for better timestretching/warp algorithms out of this collab? Seriously, pitch'n'time is much better at timestretching than Live is (even though PNT is just a plug-in), and Serato is well known for this fact in studio situations. The warping algorithms in Live have never given great results on anything longer than a few beats...some stuff works fairly well, but nothing as great as the results I've heard out of PNT. Personally, I would settle for that over some sort of new DJ option (which could hurt business for Scratch Live, I imagine).

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:27 pm

john doe by choice wrote:Am I the only person who is hoping for better timestretching/warp algorithms out of this collab? Seriously, pitch'n'time is much better at timestretching than Live is (even though PNT is just a plug-in), and Serato is well known for this fact in studio situations. The warping algorithms in Live have never given great results on anything longer than a few beats...some stuff works fairly well, but nothing as great as the results I've heard out of PNT. Personally, I would settle for that over some sort of new DJ option (which could hurt business for Scratch Live, I imagine).
i am totally with you... i said it from day one of the announcement, pitch n' time for ableton please... i don't give a rats ass about the DJ-ing business, what do they want to do anyway...? reinventing the wheel...? there is enough powerful stuff out.

the whole DJ business is just a market share thing, that is my personal guess... more customers. just so the ableton fans can say they use ableton for DJ-ing instead of another tool that already works for DJs.
*** Image GAFM ***

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:04 pm

SubFunk wrote: instead of another tool that already works for DJs.
yeah haha. thats so funny you should say that, seeing how live doesnt work as a daw for many many many people as is.

necho

Post by necho » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:43 pm

timothyallan wrote:
nuxnamon wrote:k.. I contacted ableton public relations and let's see what answer we get.. if they even answer that is.. I should have told them I was timothyallan and that madonna wanted to know or something..
If you want, I can talk to Bono? He might be able to help, he's all about helping.
LOL...
_________
sigs suck.

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:10 pm

still waiting... c'mon Dom..

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:12 pm

oops wrong post.
*** Image GAFM ***