The Covert Operators: The Operator Sandbox

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoffman2k

The Covert Operators: The Operator Sandbox

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:09 pm

The Covert Operators present a powerful new music production package for the popular "Operator" synthesizer in Ableton Live: "The Operator Sandbox." This sizable live pack is the culmination of three FM-obsessed sound designers working to create something that goes way beyond a sample library.

On the surface:

The Operator Sandbox is a massive music production and sound design toolkit. It contains a variety of Operator-based sounds and patterns generally suitable for Techno/House, but with very little effort they can suit any genre.

Behind the scenes:

All of the Operator patches, effects chains, note patterns, and modulation envelopes are delivered in the flexible Live Clip format. As a result, these clips can have their sequences and device parameters changed, further automated, and abused to suit your creative needs!

Here's a short rundown of what you'll get with this package:

- 49 Operator instruments, carefully built to provide tons of flexibility and inspiration.

- 300 meticulously crafted Live Clips which can be customized down to the last detail.

- The ability to add more oscillators, effects, and a host of other sound-generating parameters for maximum flexibility thanks to the Live Clip format.

- A huge set of fully editable modulation envelopes and all macro knobs mapped and color-coded for clear and inspiring visual feedback.

- The opportunity to reverse-engineer every aspect of how the instruments were created from the ground up, providing a powerful learning tool in addition to ready-made sounds.

The bottom line is that all of this power is easy to use: Simply drag the desired Live Clip into Ableton Live and the correct device will automatically be created and ready to modify and/or use!

Be sure to check out our audio demo section on our site for a small sampling of this huge collection.

Visit our website

elxicano

Re: The Covert Operators: The Operator Sandbox

Post by elxicano » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:31 pm

Just bought!

I won't be able to try out till later tonight, or sometime this weekend, but you guys always do great work. :mrgreen:

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:35 pm

Nice one man, thanks for the support. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did putting it together :)

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:14 pm

I think this is the perfect time to introduce Operator N - Aka Nick the Zombie aka @Abletontutor - to the Covert Ops team!

We love this guy, and he's a madman with Operator - which is just what we need at Covops: More crazies :roll: :wink:

Much love, and thanks for your support. There's going to be a ton of Covert Ops madness this year, people!
Andreas

PS: Nicks the green one in that logo ;)
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:17 pm

right on! congrats Nick!

looks pretty sick. will check it out later.

:mrgreen: <-- Nick ;)
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:55 pm

congrats nick.. It was only recently that I found out that most of the video tutorials I liked from youtube was from primeloops and it was you that made all of them.. very clear and easy to understand.. do you still work for Prime Loops?

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:57 pm

nuxnamon wrote:congrats nick.. It was only recently that I found out that most of the video tutorials I liked from youtube was from primeloops and it was you that made all of them.. very clear and easy to understand.. do you still work for Prime Loops?
Thanks, man. I'm actually not affiliated with PL anymore - just focusing on my own projects and stuff with CovOps now!

- Nick

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Congrats to Nick!

I look forward to checking out this pack.
Last edited by nebulae on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Nick the Zombie wrote:
nuxnamon wrote:congrats nick.. It was only recently that I found out that most of the video tutorials I liked from youtube was from primeloops and it was you that made all of them.. very clear and easy to understand.. do you still work for Prime Loops?
Thanks, man. I'm actually not affiliated with PL anymore - just focusing on my own projects and stuff with CovOps now!

- Nick
do you have any plans on releasing any new videos on your site besides sound design? I mean like all the tricks you know about Ableton.. Similar to what Ask Video is doing?

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:21 pm

nuxnamon wrote:
Nick the Zombie wrote:

- Nick
do you have any plans on releasing any new videos on your site besides sound design? I mean like all the tricks you know about Ableton.. Similar to what Ask Video is doing?
I may very well do this in the future, but sound design is my heavy focus in the foreseeable future. Next up is Sound Design with Analog, but who knows after that!

- Nick

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Congrats all! can't wait to has money.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:34 am

Wow, expanding your horizons, hunh Nick!! Cool man! I'll check it out and mos def support!
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Rahlo wrote:Wow, expanding your horizons, hunh Nick!! Cool man! I'll check it out and mos def support!
Much appreciated! I hope all is going well down in Indy, we should hang out some time.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:08 pm

FYI we've recorded a little series of tutorials showing some of the tricks you can do with the Operator Sandbox - they're in final editing right now and should be done some time in the beginning of next week!

Thanks for the support, people! We really need it!
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.