Absynth not working as a plug-in

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
twynog

Absynth not working as a plug-in

Post by twynog » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:15 pm

Can anyone help? I used to be able to use Absynth as a plug in with Live 4.01, but now everytime I try to use it, it sticks on one note. There is no problem using it as a stand alone application.

Both programmes have recently been upgraded with the latest versions.

twynog

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:31 pm

Abysynth 3 is full of many, many bugs, especially the VSTi and effect versions (standalone is better). I get stuck notes constantly with it, so much so that it's completely unuseable IMO. The next update is supposed to be out before the end of February FWIW.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:33 pm

If you're using Absynth 3, besides the sticking note bug there's also one on some systems where the hold pedal button on Absynth's GUI triggers itself on (I'm affected by that one and not stuck notes). See if that's your problem.

Stuck notes in general can be caused by drops in power to USB and/or Firewire ports, especially with XP systems (shutting down as power conservation's activated by default). Ni stuff's very affected by drops in power if you're using a MIDI interface that's USB or Firewire. Unchech any power management schemes for USB hubs and Firewire ports in device manager, and shut off any such schemes in your BIOS.

As Tarekith mentioned, there's a bug-fix update that should be released soon for A3.

ew

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:55 pm

And, the bugfix was released today. See if that fixes your problem.
ew

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:00 pm

LOL, beat me to it....