Polanski arrested in Switzerland on US warrant!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Earwax69

Re: Polanski arrested in Switzerland on US warrant!!

Post by Earwax69 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:11 pm

Happen to me all the time! the most disturbing is when there is no girl, just a pussy!

damn slippy slippers

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:20 pm

Rahlo wrote:
UncleAge wrote:
So he was just walking across the room, slipped, and fell into the pu$$y?
:lol:
that is a quite a sig worthy quote

Earwax69

Post by Earwax69 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Nice quotes from articles;
Zenovich has said in interviews that everyone in the 70s was going a little off piste, sexually: "Polanski was simply the one who got caught."
Just as 13-year-old Samantha Gailey was unfortunate enough to run up against Polanski in horny, Austin Powers mode, so Polanski was unlucky to be then dragged before Rittenband.
In subsequent interviews he even seemed mildly bemused by all the fuss; perhaps regarding it as an impossibly square, conservative response to a bit of harmless west coast hedonism.

davec1

Post by davec1 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:18 pm

Switzerland, the lovely chocolate land, has no issues protecting blood money of mafia, nazis, terrorists, dictators, take half a century to return properties of Nazi victims, now turns into moral apostle ? Have no problems protecting properties of cannibal dictator Bokassa - but feels moraly obliged to intervene in 30 years old case of little ho pimped by her own mother to Hollywood stars. Would be interesting to know real reason of this action by Swiss police ?
OMGWTF! So in your opinion children that are pimped by their parents deserve less protection?! More broadly speaking, it's ok to rape hookers!?
The real reason? I bet it has something to do with NWO/Illuminati/free masons / aliens....

While there are many valid reasons to critizise switzerland in many regards (and a whole lot of bullshit reasons, frequently used, too), that doesn't have much to do with this case, does it? It's not about playing morale apostole, there's a valid international search warrant on a guy, so he gets arrested, period (whether it's polanski or john doe)! It's called "the law" and is a great achievement of humankind. The real, embarrassing question here is why other countries didn't do this, like britain and germany, when he was there to pick up awards. It's ok that france and poland wouldn't extradite their citizen, few countries, if any do. It's also weird that the US didn't ask france to punish him in france, instead (as is usually done in cases where a country won't extradite).

Whether the accusations are just and whether there's still a public interest in putting the guy in jail after 30 years, is a whole different question and is for the (US) court to decide, and not the swiss authorities' business.

I found the headline today quite ironic, that poland apparently has decided in favour of chemical castration of pedophiles. At the same time, they oppose the arrest of Polanski...

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that your average rapist is very likely to have tragic events in his biography, too. It's ok to take that (and the Manson/Tate) thing into consideration...but just to point out it's not really a unique case in that sense (and at any rate, i'm sure the rape victim didn't kill ms. tate).

last but not least, I'm shocked that some people apparently have no idea what the point is behind an age of consent.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:15 pm

davec1 wrote: Furthermore, I'd like to point out that your average rapist is very likely to have tragic events in his biography, too. It's ok to take that (and the Manson/Tate) thing into consideration...but just to point out it's not really a unique case in that sense (and at any rate, i'm sure the rape victim didn't kill ms. tate).
This doesn't make any sense? Literally, it's cool I'm aware english isn't a first language, just trying to follow the part about the rape victim and Mrs. Tate?
My point about the murders is/was that I personally don't see the guy as a pedophile for one lame move. I tend to think the term is too broadly swathed over all perpetrators of crimes involving age of consent.
last but not least, I'm shocked that some people apparently have no idea what the point is behind an age of consent
Whether or not a crime was committed hasn't really been argued against by anybody taking the unpopular side here, what has been argued is that to judge an event 30 years ago by our standards now is pretty lame. At that point all anti authority activity was considered by many worthy of consideration, and in this case, by the girl, Polanski, and by the girls mother. A little hard to grasp for some I'm sure, but it's similar to catching someone for having an ounce of marijuana now, and transporting them back to the 70's to stand trial. Pot is still illegal now, but you likely wouldn't even serve jail time for it, in the 70's you would get 25 years. The reverse is true about age of consent laws, at this point in history it's a witch hunt, the new boogyman.
Some prosecutor is going to try to make a name for himself with this etc. and it's not going to be pretty. Personally I think 30 years is too long of a time to make it rational for them to do much beyond slapping his wrists, but that's no how it is these days.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Machinesworking wrote:Whether or not a crime was committed hasn't really been argued against by anybody taking the unpopular side here, what has been argued is that to judge an event 30 years ago by our standards now is pretty lame. At that point all anti authority activity was considered by many worthy of consideration, and in this case, by the girl, Polanski, and by the girls mother. A little hard to grasp for some I'm sure...
Yet Polanski himself probably didn't "grasp" Manson's own form of anti-authority.

Just proves my ongoing point that those who like to break the "rules" usually pussy out when somebody comes along who really likes to breaks the "rules."
Unsound Designer

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Machinesworking wrote: personally don't see the guy as a pedophile for one lame move.
!!!!

one lame move = getting caught

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

I still find it weird the situation happend at Jack Nicholson's house---However he wasn't present when it happend, his "at the time" girlfriend was---Anjelica Huston :!: I had no idea she was there 8O

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:49 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Whether or not a crime was committed hasn't really been argued against by anybody taking the unpopular side here, what has been argued is that to judge an event 30 years ago by our standards now is pretty lame. At that point all anti authority activity was considered by many worthy of consideration, and in this case, by the girl, Polanski, and by the girls mother. A little hard to grasp for some I'm sure...
Yet Polanski himself probably didn't "grasp" Manson's own form of anti-authority.

Just proves my ongoing point that those who like to break the "rules" usually pussy out when somebody comes along who really likes to breaks the "rules."
What exactly constitutes a rule to you? Do you obey all laws in honor of your ongoing point? Your opinion on the law is strange to me? Everything is black and white is what it reads like.

Again here's my take on the law in comparison:
The more freedom you have, the less protection you have.
The more protection you have, the less freedom you have.

That's the entirety of my take on the law, the ethics of it are nil! The government does not, and never has upheld a standard of morality that I can adhere to, and there's not a fucking thing pussy about using a system that I see as a parasite when it can be used to protect my freedom, and to break any rule I see that doesn't fit into my sense of fair play. In nature animals use parasites all the time for beneficial purposes; in fact you wouldn't be alive or healthy if it weren't for the e-coli in your intestines.

This is for the most part theoretical, as 99% of the laws out there make sense to me. I have little interest in underage girls, dating a 25 year old a few years ago was bad enough. Drugs are a waste of time, if you like them fine, but I'm not interested anymore etc. What I'm saying is for a free thinking person to not cherry pick to a degree makes me think of Brave New World, very distinctly.

There is no system ever, that was so perfectly invasive into the lives of the people as to not have any killers or rapists, it's not even a matter of there being one case where that's true.

All I've argued here is that it's lame that a 30 year old case is going to no doubt hang the guy, and that it's not really logical to judge the case by modern morality. That he was a douche for doing it isn't even a question.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:54 pm

"But Inspektor, you don't understand. She was HOT."

I wonder how many of you who think 'no harm, no foul' have daughters of your own? I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess none.

Oh. And it was no more accepted 30 years ago than today. FFS.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:56 pm

Machinesworking wrote:...but if the victim was calling for blood, I would be on her side, she's not.
omfg.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Machinesworking wrote: One bad dog move doesn't mean the pup has rabies.

One bad move that we know about.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:57 pm

this thread has the worst analogies ever.

you're all wrong.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Machinesworking wrote: I have little interest in underage girls...
So. Um. Would that be a 4% interest in underage girls? 6%?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:09 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: I have little interest in underage girls...
So. Um. Would that be a 4% interest in underage girls? 6%?
I think he means 2-3" maybe 3.5" when he shaves.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz