[dds] can't get mfl to work

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
peeddrroo

[dds] can't get mfl to work

Post by peeddrroo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:50 pm

right, so i'd rather post here than annoy the support at ableton, maybe someone can help me...

so i managed to install Max (the icon is on my desktop, and i managed to launch the demo).
but when i launch live, i have an info pane saying there's a "Max for live" error.
if i click on the authorize link in the preferences, it brings me to a window asking me to add a serial number, that i don't have.

am i doing something wrong?
can someone help?

thanks

i'm on WinXP.

longjohns

Re: can't get mfl to work

Post by longjohns » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:24 am

on that page, look and see if there is a maxforlive serial number which is listed on your live 8 license.

there should also be buttons for 'authorize this computer' below the 'add a serial' button

Dennis DeSantis

Re: can't get mfl to work

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:13 am

Hi peeddrroo,

In order to use the Max for Live beta, you will need to authorize Live again, in order to add your Max beta authorization to your current Live license.

Do you have internet access on your studio machine? If so, chose the "Authorize at ableton.com" option and then click the button to "Authorize this computer" once you land on your User Account page at https://www.ableton.com/account/licenses.

This should take care of it. After this, you should be prompted to install a new Live Pack. Once the Live Pack is installed, the "Max for Live Error" message should go away.

Best,

miguel_2

Re: [dds] can't get mfl to work

Post by miguel_2 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:07 pm

authorizing live again didn't do the trick for me — i still can't get mfl to be properly authorized although my serial numbers and licenses are in the server… any suggestions?