Complex pro still clicking/popping on loop restart

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Michael Hatsis

Complex pro still clicking/popping on loop restart

Post by Michael Hatsis » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:36 pm

title says it all. new complex mode sounds great but still clicks when looping a segment of a clip - even if a nice fade in is applied to the cip in arranger. any time frame on this being fixed? this seems like it is pretty important to have it working properly as i find it really hard to work with it the way it is. It renders fine though without clicks and pops. and obviously for performing it is useless. I know I can just render/consolidate it out as complex pro and switch it over to another mode but we shouldn't have to do that.
did a search and only came up with another user acknowledging that it does indeedd click for them.

os x 10.5.7, macbook pro 2.4, 4 gig ram

Kaotek

Re: Complex pro still clicking/popping on loop restart

Post by Kaotek » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:59 am

I am having a similar issue. I noticed the clicking/ popping when editing down a track. I knew the cut was good so i rendered it to disk and it was fine with none of the clicking. hope it gets fixed in an update soon.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:08 am

Ran into this doing a set tonight, so +1 from me.

Tuomas

Post by Tuomas » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:55 am

Same thing here. Sounds great but is unusable.

Kampell

Post by Kampell » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:11 pm

+1 yes same here! this mode sounds really great but it is still unusable for me! please fix it abes!!

im using winxp 32bit with 3gb of ram.

lukewalkernz

Post by lukewalkernz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:42 pm

Me too. Really wanna use this but impossible with these clicks!!

mastahlee

Post by mastahlee » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:19 pm

Yeah, this is a problem I have too. This problem also occurs when I have a song cut up into multiple clips and I go from one clip to the next. Sounds seamless in Complex, but get very audible popping in Complex Pro.

Santa Rosa Macbook Pro
OS X 10.4
Live 8.0.5
NI Audio 8 DJ
Buffer Size: 128 Samples

d-track

Post by d-track » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:48 am

buy logic

$4mU3l

Post by $4mU3l » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:01 am

mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:title says it all. new complex mode sounds great but still clicks when looping a segment of a clip - even if a nice fade in is applied to the cip in arranger. any time frame on this being fixed? this seems like it is pretty important to have it working properly as i find it really hard to work with it the way it is. It renders fine though without clicks and pops. and obviously for performing it is useless. I know I can just render/consolidate it out as complex pro and switch it over to another mode but we shouldn't have to do that.
did a search and only came up with another user acknowledging that it does indeedd click for them.
+1, Last night I ascertained this odd behaviuor, too... Complex Pro eats up a lot more of cpu but in the most cases it's useless anyhow.

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:51 am

yeah it's still not right - I'm not sure if it's related to the loop here - it seems pretty random to me - like CPU spikes - it really sounds like when you need to increase buffer size