Novation Launch Pad & Akai APC40

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sacredgeometry

Novation Launch Pad & Akai APC40

Post by sacredgeometry » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:32 pm

will they work together? i was thinking about extending my grid and functionality with the new novation, i am guessing it will do what 2 apcs do together and give you two different coloured grid wrapper.

any confirmation?
Peace + Hugs

Brian

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Re: Novation Launch Pad & Akai APC40

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:02 pm

Yes.

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:03 pm

Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:Yes.
the perfect kind of response :) thanks
Peace + Hugs

Brian

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:05 pm

sacredgeometry wrote:will they work together? i was thinking about extending my grid and functionality with the new novation, i am guessing it will do what 2 apcs do together and give you two different coloured grid wrapper.

any confirmation?
do 2 apc's work together that way, so they have independant scrolling etc? 8O

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:23 pm

Slightlydelic wrote:
sacredgeometry wrote:will they work together? i was thinking about extending my grid and functionality with the new novation, i am guessing it will do what 2 apcs do together and give you two different coloured grid wrapper.

any confirmation?
Yes.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

sdmiddleton

Post by sdmiddleton » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Wow i hope so, i'm sitting here sweating, hating my life cos i have the APC40, who's track control section is terrible, clip launch area limited, faders next to useless, arrange view may as well not exist, no customisable user buttons, badly layed out unhelpful pile of £400!! AAAH!!!!

Ed J

Post by Ed J » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:23 pm

sdmiddleton wrote:Wow i hope so, i'm sitting here sweating, hating my life cos i have the APC40, who's track control section is terrible, clip launch area limited, faders next to useless, arrange view may as well not exist, no customisable user buttons, badly layed out unhelpful pile of £400!! AAAH!!!!

hmm, must be a different APC to me, mine's bitchin!

I love how everyone gets gear envy whenever something new comes out :D
Some stuff, and some other stuff. Honest.
Currently on a huge and mostly pointless promotion drive, come play:
Soundcloud!
Facebook!!
Twatter!!!

sdmiddleton

Post by sdmiddleton » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:06 pm

Ed J wrote:
sdmiddleton wrote:Wow i hope so, i'm sitting here sweating, hating my life cos i have the APC40, who's track control section is terrible, clip launch area limited, faders next to useless, arrange view may as well not exist, no customisable user buttons, badly layed out unhelpful pile of £400!! AAAH!!!!

hmm, must be a different APC to me, mine's bitchin!

I love how everyone gets gear envy whenever something new comes out :D
Nah its not that bad, i'm just one of these band wagon people...You say yours in good and suddenly i agree again!! Maybe I actually need counselling? but in all seriousness, this does look good and the footprint is neat, and USB powered and a bigger grid..but there's other stuff it doesn't have that the APC40 does...Why can't the damn rotaries be detent and also double as buttons like the BCF/BCR stuff..I don't know, there's an amazing LIVE controller yet to be built out there, but make the most of what you got...Lets just write some damn songs man!!!!

ajargy

Post by ajargy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:49 pm

the apc sux at first... u really gotta spend a lot of time programing it the way you want it...

i didnt like mine at first, but after many long hard hours of sitting down and mapping and remapping and re re re mapping the damn thing i have finally found a formula that works well for me!

i remapped my A Sends to my EQs and basic filters decks A and B
i remapped my B Sends to 4 single knob effects for both decks (iceverb, reverb, echo, flanger)
i use my pans so i didnt remap them (messing with pan is SOOO dope for dubstep!!!!)
i made my the master stop buttons all random stuff like 'loop' and 'on / off' buttons for the effects i have loaded into my B Sends
i made the universal play button and stop button beat repeat for 1/4 for decks A & B, and i remapped the cue knob to be tempo.
i use 4 of the faders, and 4 decks, (decks A and B for full tracks, deck C for loops, deck D for random sounds)

i dunno why i would need anything moar!
dont give up on the apc just yet!

this being said... i think i may buy a novation lunch box and try to run them both at the same time for moar uberness

PEACe LOVE ECSTASY

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:50 pm

chelemasty wrote:
Slightlydelic wrote:

any confirmation?
Yes.
fuck the novation then.

i want another APC :lol:

sdmiddleton

Post by sdmiddleton » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:13 am

Is there a way, or a patch one can download for the APC so it can work in different modes for the same project...E.G. Mode 1- the clip launch screen.. Mode 2 - the clip launch grid can now be lets say on/off buttons for effects or anything else you want and so on, cos that would be so useful!!!

Normally if you want to assign the APC clip buttons to something else, like EQ kills whatever it just takes place of the Clip launch lights (as of course everyone knows) but that sucks, its kind of one or the other.. having a few different modes would really open things up dramatically!!!

Any thoughts??

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:20 am

all these people bad talk the apc...whats with that i cant open live without it...it makes my life easier...im thinking about picking up another one...maybe...when im done building the rest of my gear
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:25 am

Bleep Blop Ima Robot wrote:all these people bad talk the apc...whats with that i cant open live without it...it makes my life easier...im thinking about picking up another one...maybe...when im done building the rest of my gear
Well, that's because it didn't fit in for their needs, it took them forever to get it, it's out of their price range, they only need the grid buttons not the extras, or they just wanna be an ass.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

Dexes

Post by Dexes » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:15 am

Bleep Blop Ima Robot wrote:all these people bad talk the apc...whats with that i cant open live without it...
You might want to report that bug, 'cause live should work without one :D

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:14 pm

apc40 and launchpad are both lovely.

I will surely not reselling my apc40_
I'm so sticked to it with monomulator added, it's nearest perfection :wink:

what ease at work with such a controler, simply efficient :idea: