My APC40 firmware update to fix some issues proposal.+Video.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chelemasty

My APC40 firmware update to fix some issues proposal.+Video.

Post by chelemasty » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:26 pm

I hope some of you guys would support this also. I mean, the APC40 for me is a very great Ableton Live controller, my only problem with this is when using the banks to map my effects say filter to control the tracks' filter at the same time, if you map it, while in MIDI mode after pressing shift+bank, then moving the knobs to assign it, the device control will update itself and it will be back to default, so inorder to map the the remaining, you would need to disable MIDI mode again, then press shift+bank AGAIN, then MIDI map mode, then assign. So it's reaaly time consuming. So it's better to NOT let the device control update itslef while in MIDI map mode. Also they should just make the shift button fixed if pressed once just press it back again to go back to default. This would also make navigating to banks easier and it would increase easiness in our workflow. Thanks.

Watch the video here for some action. I recorded it around 4 AM in the morning so I'm really2x tired while explaining it. Peace!

http://www.vimeo.com/6879052

I just uploaded it, so the conversion thingy is still going, so if it's not available yet, just get back to it after 20-30 minutes. Thanks.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

chelemasty

Re: My APC40 firmware update to fix some issues proposal.+Video.

Post by chelemasty » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Bump, 6 minutes left...LOL I'mma sleep now. Later.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

deepdirtydub

Post by deepdirtydub » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:57 pm

I agree... this is kind of silly... but how often do you remap your APC40? Couldn't you just map it once and then save it as your template? M4L should allow you to set it up as you wish.

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:17 pm

deepdirtydub wrote:I agree... this is kind of silly... but how often do you remap your APC40? Couldn't you just map it once and then save it as your template? M4L should allow you to set it up as you wish.
I could make a template for it but, there's no way I'm gonna use that setting over and over again. So mapping it everytime is just fine for me. It's just mapping to those banks are just time consuming, if they don't fix that, while mapping to those banks, when in MIDI map mode, the freakin Device Control Knobs updates itself and return to its default after you map it, so then you can't continuously map it coz you need to disable the MIDI map mode again and press SHIFT+bank again then MIDI map mode AGAIN then assign AGAIN, if you have 12 effects to map, you'll do that 12 times also... Also, if they make the shift function fixed with just pressing it once and make it affect just the controls without affecting the grid, it would make navigating to banks easier if you mapped your effects using those banks without pressing SHIFT all the time. And when you want it to go back to the default settings, first, return to bank one coz that's the default settings, then just press SHIFT for the default settings to come back. Hope those guys would care.

Alextronica

Post by Alextronica » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:01 pm

You know I support an Update

For Live 7 that is.

8 will get an update but I fear us 7 users will get the shaft!
Black Mac Book 2.16 4gigs of Ram > Ableton 7 Suite > Komplete 5 > APC40 > Novation Remote SL25 > Allen and Heath Xone 92 > Korg Kaoscillator

www.soundcloud.com/Alextronica

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:08 pm

Alextronica wrote:You know I support an Update

For Live 7 that is.

8 will get an update but I fear us 7 users will get the shaft!
Why not hope for an update for both version? Coz Ableton users are still divided between those two version anyway. Also, for this one, they would only need to update the hardware for it to work.
Last edited by chelemasty on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alextronica

Post by Alextronica » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:01 pm

Live 8 Im sure will get an update

That's what I said,

I do think they will leave 7 in the dust.

Just an opinion.
Black Mac Book 2.16 4gigs of Ram > Ableton 7 Suite > Komplete 5 > APC40 > Novation Remote SL25 > Allen and Heath Xone 92 > Korg Kaoscillator

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:04 pm

Alextronica wrote:Live 8 Im sure will get an update

That's what I said,

I do think they will leave 7 in the dust.

Just an opinion.
Yeah, but with this issue, the hardware needs the update in my opinion. But yeah, we still need a stable version of 8... Tsk3x.

Alextronica

Post by Alextronica » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:15 pm

I really dont see Akai doing anything thing else for us. Maybe I'm a pessimist but I dont think they'll do anything

Maybe your issue would be solved with a Editor Program.

I'm all about that, But... I feel M4L is gonna be the excuse for everything from now on. "I'm sorry sir but you'll have to purchase Max of Live in order for us to assist you" That would suck. but Im sorry I feel it coming.

again just an opinion and I'd be soo stoked to be wrong.

I'm gonna read up on Bomes Its only $81 US for the full version. M4L is gonna be something like $500 at least.

again I'd be so stoked to be wrong

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Alextronica wrote:I really dont see Akai doing anything thing else for us. Maybe I'm a pessimist but I dont think they'll do anything

Maybe your issue would be solved with a Editor Program.

I'm all about that, But... I feel M4L is gonna be the excuse for everything from now on. "I'm sorry sir but you'll have to purchase Max of Live in order for us to assist you" That would suck. but Im sorry I feel it coming.

again just an opinion and I'd be soo stoked to be wrong.

I'm gonna read up on Bomes Its only $81 US for the full version. M4L is gonna be something like $500 at least.

again I'd be so stoked to be wrong
Exactly, that's what I was thinking also, but still hoping and praying that it'll not happen.LOL But there's a possibility I guess, coz they usually make an update patch for their hardware to fix some minor issues. This is minor issue which is important also. And about bome's, I don't feel like this would answer it, coz this should be their job coz it just doesn't make sense why the device control comes back to default while mapping it instead staying on that current bank. heheh And about Max4Live, I hope not 500 US.LOL 200 to 259, considering the worldwide economic crisis we have, would be the best price for it.LOL Oh man, can't wait for the price to be announced so that hoping and wishing will be over...LOL

Alextronica

Post by Alextronica » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:51 pm

I really want Akai to a its own Editor Program for the APC

like I have with every other MIDI controller I own.

I guess we'll see. By then I wont need it. That's the part I'm dreading.
Last edited by Alextronica on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:53 pm

I emailed them btw...LOL I don't know if they would respond and tell me what's their take on it...LOL Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!! :|