Max for LIVE price speculations...?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wehkah

Re: Max for LIVE price speculations...?

Post by wehkah » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:18 am

I hope its not more than 149€, like the instruments pricing and registred Live Users get a nice offer ;)

cheers
Motto: sharing knowledge...

https://soundcloud.com/bytechop

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:53 pm

I can't see it being less than $299 - $399. I'm going to assume the upgrade for existing users is going to be cheep thought, somewhere around $99 - $149.

Solid guess is M4L for $349, and $149 for the cross grade price. I can't see them making enough off of it for less, and selling enough for more.

I've owned Pluggo forever; I'm personally curious as to what sort of discount I'll get, as Cycling 74 stopped development of Pluggo, and promised an 'upgrade' discount to M4L. They've ported most modules to M4L apparently, so people who don't know programming (that would be me) can mess with these plug ins/Max patches and nearly destroy their monitors. 8)

jOop.

Post by jOop. » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:03 am

stringtapper wrote:The most expensive Live instruments are $159, so considering M4L's feature set compared to those instruments it's undoubtedly going to be more than $159. $99 is surely out of the question.

I'm still betting on $299 for non-Max 5/Pluggo license holders. I'd say $149 for Max 5 users.
Well, if it comes with EVERY Max/Msp/Jitter object + special Live objects then I'm betting it'll be over $150.. You do know that Max/Msp/Jitter bundled in a box costs $700, right?
Hell, that price is also a discount compared to purchasing all that software individually.

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.365 ... egory.2/.f

jOop.

Post by jOop. » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:10 am

chelemasty wrote:Ok I just speculated it after visitng Cycling '74s website. It's going to be around 250 US dollars(If not, then 300 maximum :lol: ). I said this because the Max/MSP 5 is 495 dollars but it's open and not limited only to Ableton Live. So it should be lower than a regular one since it's purpose is only for Live. And lower means, a hundred or more dollars lower since it only works in Live.
I hate to double post, but you neglected to notice that M4L has Jitter objects in there too..

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:29 am

jOop. wrote: I hate to double post, but you neglected to notice that M4L has Jitter objects in there too..
I did actually, not on this post but the one below it where I answered a dude's question about jitter so yeah I am aware of it...LOL Anyhow, I still like Max 4 Live to be priced below 300 dollars.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

jOop.

Post by jOop. » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:57 am

chelemasty wrote:
jOop. wrote: I hate to double post, but you neglected to notice that M4L has Jitter objects in there too..
I did actually, not on this post but the one below it where I answered a dude's question about jitter so yeah I am aware of it...LOL Anyhow, I still like Max 4 Live to be priced below 300 dollars.
I don't doubt that you eventually noticed it, however it didn't seem factored into the logic I posted above.

Anyhoo, that's inconsequential.. I agree with you that it would be a joy at less than $300. This may just be wishful thinking on our part though.

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:11 am

jOop. wrote:
chelemasty wrote:
I don't doubt that you eventually noticed it, however it didn't seem factored into the logic I posted above.

Anyhoo, that's inconsequential.. I agree with you that it would be a joy at less than $300. This may just be wishful thinking on our part though.
Yeah, we'll see when they announced it...lol
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:17 pm

jOop. wrote:
stringtapper wrote:The most expensive Live instruments are $159, so considering M4L's feature set compared to those instruments it's undoubtedly going to be more than $159. $99 is surely out of the question.

I'm still betting on $299 for non-Max 5/Pluggo license holders. I'd say $149 for Max 5 users.
Well, if it comes with EVERY Max/Msp/Jitter object + special Live objects then I'm betting it'll be over $150.. You do know that Max/Msp/Jitter bundled in a box costs $700, right?
Hell, that price is also a discount compared to purchasing all that software individually.

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.365 ... egory.2/.f

The $150 I'm estimating is an upgrade price for current Max 5 users (like me). The upgrade from Max 4.6+Jitter to 5+Jitter is $199. M4L being just a way to run 5 inside a proprietary host, I'd say that $150 will be close to the purchase price for those of us who have 5 already (roughly the price of one of the pre-existing Ableton Devices).
Unsound Designer

Dalibor Loncar

Post by Dalibor Loncar » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:57 pm

my guess is 199,- euros ...

leotone

Post by leotone » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:06 am

my sources have already told me it's goin to be 99...

earmade2

Post by earmade2 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi there...

Have a look at this:

http://www.nuloop.com/fr/home-studio/ar ... _live.html
http://www.nuloop.com/fr/home-studio/ar ... max_5.html

This is a french online store. Gives a bit of (future) information !

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:37 pm

Happens all the time, shops get prices and sometimes accidentaly put prices on their websites. 159 Eu sounds pretty doable Ableton is going for the masses - very good idea.

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:46 pm

Oh sweet, I told ya guys it's gonna be below 250($235) US dollars. ^_^ And $145 for MAX owners.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:49 pm

djsynchro wrote:Happens all the time, shops get prices and sometimes accidentaly put prices on their websites. 159 Eu sounds pretty doable Ableton is going for the masses - very good idea.
wtf does "doable" mean? the masses? most people don't use Live.

you take a $700 software product, embed it into another product and sell it for 1/3 the price?

that French site looks like it could be the final price but I'd be really surprised (and happy.)

all this speculation is KILLING me.

edit - sorry, sell it for a FIFTH the price?? I'd love to see it happen but it doesn't add up. I'm going to start a class action lawsuit against Ableton for cruel and unusual marketing.
Last edited by Tone Deft on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Hertz SM wrote:I think it's 99$

...and I'd like to encourage everyone to affirm the same. ;-)
:-) lol operator is 99.-
max for live would have to be 999 than.. or rather 9999
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,