Type Directly into Tempo Entry

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Phil Pendlebury

Type Directly into Tempo Entry

Post by Phil Pendlebury » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 am

Greetings,

I am still using the demo of Live 8 so please forgive me if this is known issue. I will be purchasing shortly along with an APC40.

When Ableton works out the tempo of my tracks, sometimes the guess is wrong. Sometimes only by a very small amount. This even happens on tracks I have made myself so I know the exact tempo.

I find it almost impossible to adjust the warp tempo in small increments and very frustrating that one cannot simple double click on the tempo (which may say for example 127.98) and simply type in "128.00". trying to adjust using the mouse is almost impossible.

Now there may be something I have missed as I am a new user. I did scour the manual though and could find no way of doing this.

Please bear in mind I don't know Ableton very well but I do know my way around my DAW. :-) (see signature).

Thanks.

Phil.

Shephurd

Re: Type Directly into Tempo Entry

Post by Shephurd » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:53 pm

i have never needed this.. but i supose it would be a valid point..

+1

Phil Pendlebury

Post by Phil Pendlebury » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:14 pm

Shephurd wrote:i have never needed this.. but i supose it would be a valid point..

+1
Thanks for that. Glad you see my point. I would be interested to know how you currently fine adjust warp tempo?

Shephurd

Post by Shephurd » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:31 am

I love Live's warp function.. one of the biggest things keeping me using this DAW..
..I havnt even used all the options in it yet, and already im blowen away by it.. especialy the Live 8 version..
So yeh.. does everything i need it to do and more I guess haha..

core

Post by core » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:02 pm

you are right! but: not only tempo, we should be able to type values to any knobs.

things are a little annoying right now :)

Phil Pendlebury

Post by Phil Pendlebury » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:23 pm

core wrote:you are right! but: not only tempo, we should be able to type values to any knobs.

things are a little annoying right now :)
Yup this makes perfect sense to me. It was the one on thing that didn't seem intuitive at all when I started learning Ableton.

With any other audio application - double clicking a value should enable you to be able to type a value. And at least there should be a way of fine adjusting values without relying on moving a mouse a millimetre at a time.

core

Post by core » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:09 am

right dude! fine adjust is missing. with mouse as well as with midi control.
and: there should be a fine-tune knob on every midi channel like in fruityloops.