Dj Controller for ableton : ) !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:20 am

Grobe, sorry, I don't keep track of who does what, I posted out of turn. Your software is incredibly well priced and looks great. It got me checking craigslist for touch screens. Major respect for being a player on the scene.

<sits back, listens and learns, tasty discussion>

:oops:

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:45 am

Dj-Grobe wrote:For be honest, i think ableton should take this concept, and add some CUSTOM INTERFACE CREATOR (lego gui) for use in second lcd video output with any touch screen.

Why not ableton guys?

From now, we have one touch, but aparently very soon, some important company start sell multitouch screens.......the future its coming ...and big part of that feature are touchscreens controllers !

Actually we have been thinking of touchscreens as user interface for Live but we did not find it too good, for the reasons i mentioned before.

Some more constructive thoughs regarding your software:

- You should maybe try to get away from a design to close to Lemur. The less simmilar it looks on the first glance, the more likely people will regard it as something different.

- Adding text ( maybe just one letter or a symbol ) inside the buttons would help to get what it does one one glance. ( Speaker symbol... + / - keys etc.. )

Best, Robert

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:18 am

DJ Grobe,
we had this talk a few pages back, but i jus read that your project has just been dubbed a Lemur software clone. A CLONE!
http://musicthing.blogspot.com/
Macbook 2.2ghz, OS 10.5.2, Focusrite Saffire, Microkontrol, Lemur

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:36 pm

Dj-Grobe wrote:For be honest, i think ableton should take this concept, and add some CUSTOM INTERFACE CREATOR (lego gui) for use in second lcd video output with any touch screen.

Why not ableton guys?
Because somebody else is already thinking beyond the lego-style GUI. 8)

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:47 pm

I give Grobe a lot of credit for coming up with a "virtual Lemur". Rip off factor aside for you moralists, does anyone else think this thing will be WAY buggy and unresponsive?

I agree with a previous poster, make this first version free and see what comes out of it. I applaud the work Grobe put into this. I just think it will take a lot more work and who knows, maybe by version 3 or 4 you could really have something here...

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:00 pm

i think people with tablet pc's could really get some kick out of this

hey grobe, you should figure a way to emulate the automaped Novation remote SL25 LCD's in there, then that way its a really cool automap interface this would get lots of people wet, especially people with tablet pcs.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:47 pm

Robert sorry, but you and your guys should change the way of think ,a nd should bee add this feature to ableton, and soon.
Soon i think somebody make some lego system, soon its knowed multitouchscreens be a reality.......why no stay prepared for the coming future?

iamabletonite

Post by iamabletonite » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:16 pm

Dj-Grobe, you're classic!

Anyways, I'm not saying your idea of re-creating the lemur but for use with mono-touch screens isn't new, I'm just saying you are completely denying the fact that you totally ripped off the Lemur graphical style and organization. To say you picked those colors because it 'made sense' in ableton is a joke. Could you explain how having a group of 4 green buttons for scene control makes more sense than making them blue? Or makind the faders red and blue alternating just 'makes more sense' in ableton? These are rhetorical questions, but you can try to answer them if you like.

Hilarious posts BTW!

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:20 pm

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:39 pm

I tellyou !! lot of people around the world working on the same

And now this guyrs are ripers of jeff han...idea?

They are diabolic like me? we are the devil ripers ????????????????

LOL wonderfull wonderfull, clap my hands to this guys !!

150 eruo !! and you can use this with MonotouchLive, or any other software !!

Soon you see some things like monotouch !! why not?

: )

My project continue and soon i have really more news !
in few minutes.........

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:47 pm

sweetjesus wrote:i think people with tablet pc's could really get some kick out of this

hey grobe, you should figure a way to emulate the automaped Novation remote SL25 LCD's in there, then that way its a really cool automap interface this would get lots of people wet, especially people with tablet pcs.
Thing is; tablet2midi does this quite well ;) Costs about the same, can even work as a transparent overlay for Ableton Live (very cool).

...and of course, max/reaktor/SC/pD works with touchscreens as well :)
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:50 pm

FINALLY I CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF THIS PROJECT TO FREE : )
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:03 pm

Awesome!

Now if we can get customizable, labelled multiple screens, I'd pay for it, and pick up a cheapy Pee Cee just to run it (as long as the MIDI can be output to another computer)...

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:07 pm

I leave the customizable stage for ableton, they should include custom layout desgn, ebeded on the ableton for run on second video output of any mac or any pc : )

Request that to ableton guys :)
They should understand this its really usefull

About emulate automap or anything form novation....no man i no want emulate nothing.....if i make that i are double devil !! lol

GOBE THE EVIL !! CLONATOR !! jijiji
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:10 pm

So a drag 'n drop construction-kit Jazzeditor clone (Grobeditor?) isn't in the works?