Dear Mr. Henke, we are voting now for Looper in Live 8!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Ableton Looper for Live 8

Yes, yes, yes!
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 214

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:52 am

im voting for a looper in version 7.5 :twisted:
oh and along with that so called vocoder

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:49 am

bump-bump-bum-bum-bu-bu-b-b-bbbbbbbbbxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzz
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:38 am

Tone Deft wrote:bump-bump-bum-bum-bu-bu-b-b-bbbbbbbbbxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzz
Good boy Mr Deft...
I was just thinking about this the other day while watching some peeps playing with the boss looping pedal doodat on ewetube...
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:04 am

Homebelly wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:bump-bump-bum-bum-bu-bu-b-b-bbbbbbbbbxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzz
Good boy Mr Deft...
I was just thinking about this the other day while watching some peeps playing with the boss looping pedal doodat on ewetube...
Me 3! :D

Hd

babkubwa

Post by babkubwa » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:58 am

bump bump absolutely! lets never give up the bumpin on this one

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:45 pm

From page one of this thread
nowtime wrote: A few points;

1 - One of the big benefits of sound-on-sound audio overdubbing on a single track is using the Feedback amount. You can create evolving loops that change over time. Raising the feedback amount has the newly played material sounding louder as the previous loops decrease in volume. Lowering the level records the new parts more quietly, while keeping the previous sounds at a nice up-front volume. And I'm not just talking about ambient loops. You can create intricate melodic and rhythmic textures and solos and harmonies that can't be done any other way. A very long Delay could come somewhat close but it is not the same animal. And as Superflat says, add to this a doubling and halving and reversing button for even more fun.

2 - Freedom from the sequencer. With a looper you can play from the heart or the earth or wherever you play from, loop it, and away you go. Try looping on-the-fly in Live without the sequencer being the boss!

3 - The convenience of having an 8-track looper on ONE TRACK in Live would be sweet. Imagine an unfolding submixer like in Drumrack! No muss, no fuss.

4 - Imagine looping a riff freely without the sequencer, having Live calculate the BPM and voila! Start dropping in whatever you want. The sound of your first loop would have a uniqueness of sound that is not rigid. Or you could be jamming with musicians, in the flow, in the feel, hit or kick your start button and loop button and you would have a very organic sounding loop, whether 4 bars or 32 bars, and again drop in some super-dialed drums or bass or what-have-you. It would REVOLUTIONIZE live electronica.

:D
This just HAS to be implemented!

Hd (with LARGE boner)

acroberts

Post by acroberts » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:44 pm

+1+1+1+1+1+1

...ummm....bump....

daniel_grieff

Post by daniel_grieff » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:40 pm

bUmP! ˜\°.0/˜

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:44 pm

FEATURE

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:09 pm

Boooing
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

Urth

Post by Urth » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:36 pm

+1 !!!

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:37 pm

heavensdaw wrote:From page one of this thread
nowtime wrote: A few points;

1 - One of the big benefits of sound-on-sound audio overdubbing on a single track is using the Feedback amount. You can create evolving loops that change over time. Raising the feedback amount has the newly played material sounding louder as the previous loops decrease in volume. Lowering the level records the new parts more quietly, while keeping the previous sounds at a nice up-front volume. And I'm not just talking about ambient loops. You can create intricate melodic and rhythmic textures and solos and harmonies that can't be done any other way. A very long Delay could come somewhat close but it is not the same animal. And as Superflat says, add to this a doubling and halving and reversing button for even more fun.

2 - Freedom from the sequencer. With a looper you can play from the heart or the earth or wherever you play from, loop it, and away you go. Try looping on-the-fly in Live without the sequencer being the boss!

3 - The convenience of having an 8-track looper on ONE TRACK in Live would be sweet. Imagine an unfolding submixer like in Drumrack! No muss, no fuss.

4 - Imagine looping a riff freely without the sequencer, having Live calculate the BPM and voila! Start dropping in whatever you want. The sound of your first loop would have a uniqueness of sound that is not rigid. Or you could be jamming with musicians, in the flow, in the feel, hit or kick your start button and loop button and you would have a very organic sounding loop, whether 4 bars or 32 bars, and again drop in some super-dialed drums or bass or what-have-you. It would REVOLUTIONIZE live electronica.

:D
This just HAS to be implemented!

Hd (with LARGE boner)
i got wood reading that too

jah4life

Post by jah4life » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:41 pm

+10000000000000000000

samplehead

Post by samplehead » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:05 am

+infinity

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:57 am

Wouldn't the simplest solution be to just have a loop length for audio? Like punch out but for clips. Would that really be so hard to implement? It could be track specific or a global option maybe? Or better, the ability to create a blank audio clip without audio, that can then be recorded into. This way you could simply set the loop brackets over the desired timeframe and it would repeat and play when it got to the end.
Professional Shark Jumper.