Will you buy an iPad?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Will you buy an iPad

Yes
39%
No
47%
I prefer a Maxi Pad, it has wings!
14%

Total votes: 236

delicioso

Re: Will you buy an iPad?

Post by delicioso » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:35 am

MartinOM28V wrote:Yes as soon as Ableton makes an iPad app that integrates with the laptop to function as a second screen/control surface for Live. Plug it into the USB port and set it up as a Control Surface, then flick windows between laptop and iPad as you wish--whatever windows are in the iPad are fully controllable via touch. Use the iPad to tweak instruments, launch clips, select instruments from the browser, whatever...
Yeah, that'd be sweet but Ableton might not do it if they think it would cannibalize the sales of Launchpad and APCs, which I would be silly because tactile knob/fader diehards will always buy Launchpads and APCs. But then again Novation already has automap for iPhone/iPad...

But wouldn't the only difference between the official Ableton app you're describing and touchOSC and similar apps be that in the former, pages/windows would be in sync so that if you focus on something, the iPad will follow, whereas in touchOSC, you would have to change the page/template you're using depending on what you want to do in Live? I just don't see that much of a difference to warrant Ableton creating something like that because touchOSC already allows you to make a customized layout with multiple pages.

rosti

Re: Will you buy an iPad?

Post by rosti » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:21 am

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/pro ... are-240364

If they are going to release Reason for iPad, i will get one right away!