Plugin window show/hide shortcut?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ansolas

Re: Plugin window show/hide shortcut?

Post by ansolas » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:22 am

jestermgee wrote: Yeah I cheat. I use Bome MIDI translator to make things do what I want. I run some of my controllers through Bome and intercept some of the functions I want to change and substitute different MIDI or key/window messages. I have a lot of little shortcuts like that. Haven't needed to do anything to Push as yet.
Sounds interesting, do you like to tell us more, please.

For example how do you open/close a Plugin windows without first opening it with the mouse.

The Shortcut only works for me, if I previously opened the the Plugin GUI at least once with the mouse.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:01 am

Ah, yeah I don't open it if it is closed already.

I am not one of these "I want to do everything off-screen" people. I have 2 x 24" monitors which are my work space and a trackball + mouse. I like to work.

I open plugin windows on monitor 2 and normally leave them there but now with Live 9.1 and dual monitors I found that it was a pain to keep closing them or fumble in the dark on the keyboard to Ctrl+Alt+P so I just mapped a button to do it.

Not sure if it is at all possible to show a plugin window directly.

ansolas

Post by ansolas » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:05 am

Thank you!

hydrogen

Post by hydrogen » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:38 pm

Really looking for this feature. It would be really useful to also have it part of the live API.

MustyNate

Post by MustyNate » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:50 pm

I thought for sure the plugin show/hide would at least be in the API. RIP my workflow. This feature request has existed for almost 10 years now.

hydrogen

Post by hydrogen » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:01 pm

I put a support ticket in for this. They said they put it into the requested feature bin but I have no idea. I suggest you open a ticket and do the same .??

glinkot

Post by glinkot » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:16 pm

I just searched to understand why the ctrl-alt-P shortcut wasn't working. I can't believe this thread started NINE YEARS (!) ago and it continues to behave just as they said earlier - the hotkey doesn't work - but if you bring the window up, hide it with the shortcut, you can then reopen it with the shortcut.

Those (whose dear souls may or may not be upon the earth still) who submitted their feature requests all that time ago have certainly had to be patient!

noou

Post by noou » Thu May 16, 2019 8:18 am

+1 on this!!!
.:: (noou) - electronic + music ::.
noou.bandcamp.com

Stakker

Post by Stakker » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:57 am

It’s absolutely crazy that this still isn’t fixed after all these years. It’s the number one most annoying thing in the Live UI. I get the feeling that Ableton doesn’t like people using plugins, so they make it difficult on purpose.

You should be able to:
1) Not have to use the mouse to ”activate” the shortcut.
2) Bind the shortcut to MIDI or another key. (You need two hands for the current shortcut, which sucks.)
3) Save the open/closed state of plugin windows with the project. (I want the plugins on my send channels to always pop up when I select the send channel.)

fedesilvaponte

Post by fedesilvaponte » Thu May 07, 2020 11:33 pm

This is a must have feature.

noou

Post by noou » Sat May 09, 2020 7:53 pm

This looks like a rather simple thing to implement. I'm impressed Ableton don't fix it. I guess the only solution is to flood their support with requests.
.:: (noou) - electronic + music ::.
noou.bandcamp.com

pmsorhaindo

Post by pmsorhaindo » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:24 pm

I really need this :(