FS: Ableton 7 and 8 Suite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
shatzer

Re: FS: Ableton 7 and 8 Suite

Post by shatzer » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:56 pm

starving student wrote:
shatzer wrote:
starving student wrote:what are you replacing live with?
Pro Tools HD. I absolutely love Ableton. The workflow is better than anything. Pro Tools is a little slower in that regard but it offers so much more than Ableton can for me. I do not record electronica, techno, etc... I mostly do Rock, Metal, Blues, some country and hip-hop, so alot of Ableton's effects/instruments are not good enough for what I do. I'm not bashing on it whatsoever, but I've recorded long enough to move up to a more professional setup.
are you talking about abletons native effects, what effects are you using in protools that you find more professional and thanks in advance for the insight I'm always lookin to learn something?
Pro Tools has some high quality effects that come stock with it, but acourse even third party stuff is better than the 3rd party stuff you can get for ableton. for example, these great plugs will not work in VST, only RTAS and maybe AU. (www.mcdsp.com)
The reverbs are twenty thousand times better in PT than Ableton....i really dont know where to start. I mean, ableton is great that its made for "Live" but I need quality "Studio" effects.

shatzer

Post by shatzer » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:30 pm

I'll sell Live 7 Suite and Live 8 Suite for $515.00 USD paypal download only if anyone interested.

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:54 pm

shatzer wrote:
Pro Tools HD. I absolutely love Ableton. The workflow is better than anything. Pro Tools is a little slower in that regard but it offers so much more than Ableton can for me. I do not record electronica, techno, etc... I mostly do Rock, Metal, Blues, some country and hip-hop, so alot of Ableton's effects/instruments are not good enough for what I do. I'm not bashing on it whatsoever, but I've recorded long enough to move up to a more professional setup.[/quote]

are you talking about abletons native effects, what effects are you using in protools that you find more professional and thanks in advance for the insight I'm always lookin to learn something?[/quote]

Pro Tools has some high quality effects that come stock with it, but acourse even third party stuff is better than the 3rd party stuff you can get for ableton. for example, these great plugs will not work in VST, only RTAS and maybe AU. (http://www.mcdsp.com)
The reverbs are twenty thousand times better in PT than Ableton....i really dont know where to start. I mean, ableton is great that its made for "Live" but I need quality "Studio" effects.[/quote]

oh yeah I'm familiar with those,, some real nice plugs, I wonder if those work with a wrapper?

shatzer

Post by shatzer » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:14 pm

starving student wrote:
shatzer wrote:
Pro Tools HD. I absolutely love Ableton. The workflow is better than anything. Pro Tools is a little slower in that regard but it offers so much more than Ableton can for me. I do not record electronica, techno, etc... I mostly do Rock, Metal, Blues, some country and hip-hop, so alot of Ableton's effects/instruments are not good enough for what I do. I'm not bashing on it whatsoever, but I've recorded long enough to move up to a more professional setup.
are you talking about abletons native effects, what effects are you using in protools that you find more professional and thanks in advance for the insight I'm always lookin to learn something?[/quote]

Pro Tools has some high quality effects that come stock with it, but acourse even third party stuff is better than the 3rd party stuff you can get for ableton. for example, these great plugs will not work in VST, only RTAS and maybe AU. (http://www.mcdsp.com)
The reverbs are twenty thousand times better in PT than Ableton....i really dont know where to start. I mean, ableton is great that its made for "Live" but I need quality "Studio" effects.[/quote]

oh yeah I'm familiar with those,, some real nice plugs, I wonder if those work with a wrapper?[/quote]

you know, i'm not really sure.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:29 am

You have a spare 15k to invest (if you don't get PTHD3, at least 1 (minimum) 96 I/O and preferably a 192 I/O and a Mac Pro tower unit (at least a quad core Xeon), it's really not worth going PTHD, HD2 might do you if you don't need to run lots of plugins, but the infamous run out of voices is very real) and you're worried about selling your Live license for a few hundred bucks ??

Good luck with the sale but probably putting it on ebay seems to be your best option, given the interest level here - or reduce your prices.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

shatzer

Post by shatzer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:29 pm

leedsquietman wrote:You have a spare 15k to invest (if you don't get PTHD3, at least 1 (minimum) 96 I/O and preferably a 192 I/O and a Mac Pro tower unit (at least a quad core Xeon), it's really not worth going PTHD, HD2 might do you if you don't need to run lots of plugins, but the infamous run out of voices is very real) and you're worried about selling your Live license for a few hundred bucks ??

Good luck with the sale but probably putting it on ebay seems to be your best option, given the interest level here - or reduce your prices.
Reduce my prices? IT IS REDUCED??!!? lol $515.00 for the suite versions of 7 and 8? What the hell. Thats cheaper than the regular version. And yes it is worth going PTHD, maybe not for the average musician but for someone persuing their career as an engineer. Soon I will be digidesign qualified as an Operator and getting my degree in music production at Berklee. And just because someone has 18,000 to drop on a career, not a hobby, doesnt mean they dont need the extra few hundred dollars.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Good luck with the career, I wasn't being facetious, just practical - the interest is not here for your sale of Live, even though you are selling at a good pricepoint, so move it out to somewhere where the interest will close the deal.

This is all I was suggesting ... :wink:

I hope your investment pays off because there are a LOT of certified Digidesign operators and a shrinking number of studios to ply your trade. So again, I wish you well in this endeavour.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

shatzer

Post by shatzer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:27 pm

sorry, I was a little cranky this morning. I see what you are saying.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:24 am

for what it's worth I always like you cause your name was close to shatner. take it easy.