Breastfeeding at 8

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
MacGuffin

Re: Breastfeeding at 8

Post by MacGuffin » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:31 pm

I find it kind of odd, but at the same time there are WAAAAAY weirder things that parents do with their kids.
Look at all those "parenting fail" images on the web. Or people in cults with children, like scientologists, etc...

Not quite as shocking as parents who bring their babies to eat at McDonald's IMO.

maybe i'm just jaded...

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:34 pm

nebulae wrote:^ Tracy is cooking placenta pate for dinner. I'll be over around 6pm. Keep it warm, but not too warm...don't like my placenta too crispy.
The only thing worse than crispy placenta is vomiting crispy placenta all over the table and then having to eat it again!

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:42 pm

agreed, regurgitated crispy placenta is not good.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:23 pm

^ unless you have ketchup
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:39 pm

^ also agreed - ketchup fixes almost anything.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:06 pm

I saw an Asian horror flick where women were grinding up, cooking, and eating aborted fetuses as some kind of youth rejuvenator. The later the term of the fetus and the more fucked up the circumstances of the conception the more potent it was. But I'm sure in some parts of the world this would be more of a documentary than a work of fiction.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Gentlemen, please stay on topic, this is about breastfeeding :P

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:10 pm

beats me wrote:I saw an Asian horror flick where women were grinding up, cooking, and eating aborted fetuses as some kind of youth rejuvenator. The later the term of the fetus and the more fucked up the circumstances of the conception the more potent it was. But I'm sure in some parts of the world this would be more of a documentary than a work of fiction.
8O oof
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:58 pm

beats me wrote:I saw an Asian horror flick where women were grinding up, cooking, and eating aborted fetuses as some kind of youth rejuvenator. The later the term of the fetus and the more fucked up the circumstances of the conception the more potent it was. But I'm sure in some parts of the world this would be more of a documentary than a work of fiction.
I'm thinking there could be an interesting combo if this filmmaker teamed up with the pro-lifer crowd. Interesting indeed!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:15 pm

^ and then they teamed up with Matt Stone, Trey Parker and the puppeteers they used in Team America.

dum

Post by dum » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:19 pm

that flick is called 'dumplings'

it's also an interesting watch from a sound-for-visuals angle. The SFX play a bigger part than usual in transmitting a sense of horror - they really accentuate the sounds of chewing etc. Having said that, I think they kind of push it just a bit too far and it seems a little ham-fisted when seeing it again

Fun film to watch with friends :lol:
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:36 pm

dum wrote:that flick is called 'dumplings'

it's also an interesting watch from a sound-for-visuals angle. The SFX play a bigger part than usual in transmitting a sense of horror - they really accentuate the sounds of chewing etc. Having said that, I think they kind of push it just a bit too far and it seems a little ham-fisted when seeing it again

Fun film to watch with friends :lol:
Yeah, that's it. I forgot the name. I saw it as part of a 3 part movie that had 2 other movies made by 2 other Asian directors. I don't remember what the collection was called. Oh wait, I think "3 Extremes" or something like that. Anyhow, interesting watch and further examples of how American directors and writers don't know how to do effective horror movies anymore when they're not busying themselves bastardizing and ruining remakes of effective horror movies made in other countries.