OT: As I am a British citizen 'part of the EU' do I need a..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dum

Re: OT: As I am a British citizen 'part of the EU' do I need a..

Post by dum » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:47 pm

Vibrations wrote:As I said, I had a houseboat in Amsterdam for two years and I can not konfirm your experiences. It's ridiculous, the opposide is true.
Sorry dum, but the shit advice is on your side.
It's not ridiculous, it's a plain and simple irrefutable fact. What trevorc said is the exact summary of the situation. Posting the EU charter on 'rights' is naive to put it mildly.

It seems like you don't understand the difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL.
ya, sure, it's doable to move around and work illegally. but doing so LEGALLY is difficult, EU charter or not.

A quick google surfaces thousands of results, but to choose one quickly:
http://www.expatfocus.com/expatriate-ne ... d-taxation
[Regarding EU citizens] If you are working legally in the Netherlands you will be issued with a SoFi or Social-Fiscal number (sofi-nummer) which will be used to record your tax payments and eligibility for social security benefits. You will need to apply at your local tax office (Belastingdienst) for a SoFi number, after having registered your details on the population register (Bevolkingsregister) at the local town or city hall. To obtain a SoFi number you will be required to submit your registration form along with your passport or EU identity card.

Confirming what I said, exactly. Although it doesn't really touch on the bank account requirements that will be made by landlords/employers under duress of THE LAW, nor does it touch on the registration requirements that will be made by the banks.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

dum

Post by dum » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:54 pm

trevorc wrote:in general eu citizens have the right to live and work in other eu countries, but you've still got to be aware of any administrative rules that may exist around tax, registering as a resident or being there temporarily just for work etc. best place to get information will probably be the british embassy in ireland website.

Once more for the road.

Laters!
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

Vibrations

Post by Vibrations » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:30 pm

I'm 62 years old and I'm traveling around the world since 40 years, but since now I don't understand the difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL.
So please enlighten me you arrogantly greenhorn.

Of corse you have to go to the population register and then get a Social-Fiscal number. Thats normal everywhere. That's done in a few hours. Or dit you miss the helping hand of your mother poor boy?