Best synth for bass bases ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
störgeräusche

Re: Best synth for bass bases ?

Post by störgeräusche » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:53 am

sh-101 the real deal
TAL bassline if you want a decent emulation of it.
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

ramangill

Post by ramangill » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Sylenth1 +1
MacPro(1,1)
MOTU 828 mk3, Axiom Pro49, Akai MPD32, LiquidMix 16
Live 8, NOMAD Factory Plugins Suite, FabFilter Plugin Suite, PSP Vintage Collection
NERVE, Sylenth1, NEXUS2, Arturia Analog Factory 2.5, Trillian

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Trilian. Everything you could ever want in Bass. And Massive if you're into the harder edged or dubstep styles. Although Massive is great for lots else as well.
Professional Shark Jumper.

ramangill

Post by ramangill » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:37 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:Trilian. Everything you could ever want in Bass. And Massive if you're into the harder edged or dubstep styles. Although Massive is great for lots else as well.
My next thing to get is going to be Trillian as well. Simply amazing quality sounds.
MacPro(1,1)
MOTU 828 mk3, Axiom Pro49, Akai MPD32, LiquidMix 16
Live 8, NOMAD Factory Plugins Suite, FabFilter Plugin Suite, PSP Vintage Collection
NERVE, Sylenth1, NEXUS2, Arturia Analog Factory 2.5, Trillian

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:20 pm

ramangill wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:Trilian. Everything you could ever want in Bass. And Massive if you're into the harder edged or dubstep styles. Although Massive is great for lots else as well.
My next thing to get is going to be Trillian as well. Simply amazing quality sounds.
It'll be one of your best buys ever. Even better than Omnisphere. Although having Omni is nice for loading up the Trilian synth patches, as then you get lots of other parameters and the orb etc. But even Trilian didn't have any acoustic or electric basses (which are amazing), the analog synth sound source library is just amazing. Mix that with the huge variety of filters and you've got a wicked collections of phat monosynths and so much versatility.

It's all summed up pretty well here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7j_EqnzKT4
Professional Shark Jumper.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Trilian is like a museum of bass if you want a bass guitar that sounds like the one used in Iron maiden it's there or an old fashioned stand up bass and its very high quality some bass samples are 1.2 GB in size theirs also lots of sampled bass from the highest end synth bass hardware gear. Trilian also comes with lots of FX moduals so it's good to go soon as the patch is opened no need to add soundtoys to it or anthing of the like. Eight patches can be opend in Trilian at the same time and set up so each plays on a diferent part of your midi controler.

I also use U-he Ace really nice synth bases sounds so clear Like the ones I've heard from the Access Virus ti.

condra

Post by condra » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:13 am

No love for Subboombass? :lol:

Nx1

Post by Nx1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:57 am

go with Native Instruments Massive... its basically made for basses.

cbentley

Post by cbentley » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:26 am

Software: Trillian.

Hardware: SE-1X

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:00 am

Any decent speaker/amp manufacturer will tell you that electronic sounds are in a class of their own. Because they are generated electronically, we have no precise reference as to exactly how our ears should interpret it, unlike the human voice, which we instantly recognise if it has been tampered with or badly recorded as we have been raised with the ability to detect the most subtle of nuances. Electronic sounds are relatively simple in comparison and the further down the frequency range you get, the simpler again.

So as far as a "best Synth" for bass sounds.....does it really matter as much as all that? Sure you want something warm and full but as far as delicate intricacies are concerned, it's not really a synth's forté.

If you've already got a half decent synth, then why not get as much out of it as you possibly can? Save your money for something important.

jpga

Post by jpga » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:00 am

2-3 Operator's or a moogV!

hdrpbx

Post by hdrpbx » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:37 pm

if you are talking about the actual sub (40-60 hz), very common in dnb and substep, it doesnt really matter wich synth u use honestly as long as it has a couple of sine wave oscillators and some kind of pitch modulation control.imo the most important thing for a sub to come out in a mix is to give it some pitch movement,either with a pitch envelope or even better drawing pitch bend automations.The simplest trick is to try with a pitch env set to +12 semitones (an octave),set the sustain to zero and play with the decay (imagine a long 808 tuuuuumm)
another cool trick for a subbass is to use two sine osc and slighty offset the pitch of one to create an acoustic phenomen called beats, wich basically sounds like a keyfollowed lfo on the amp (the higher the pitch the higher the frequency of the amp modulation)
you might even want to experiment with some slight saturation to create some upper harmonics if u think the fundamental is to low to be even heard
for this task i personally use operator wich is very handy

Turtoll

Post by Turtoll » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm

Massive, Massive, Massive!!!!! :lol:

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:27 am

Trillian is outstanding. Definitely lives up to being a total bass resource, both sampled and synth (well, with the synth part being sampled-synth sounds -- actually my favorite part, as it covers a huge chunk of synth history).

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir