Renting Software???

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
sinosoidal

Re: Renting Software???

Post by sinosoidal » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:27 pm

[jur] wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:17 pm
It's hard to not look at this as coming here just to sell your stuff. You're not and have never contributed to the forum.
Unfortunately the For Sale/Wanted sub-forum is currently closed, so I'm moving this to the Lounge, but I'm on the edge as considering this as spam.
I'm not a regular contributor, it is a fact. I use Ableton Live, and it is my favorite DAW since my early times of making music on a computer. For that reason I have created my own Ableton Live controller (LK), but since then I spend more time programming than making music. It is also a fact.

However, the topic of the thread says "Renting software???", which is about software renting, right? So, all I did was to reply in this context. Shameless advertising? I wouldn't call that but, if you think this violates any terms of usage, just let me know and I will delete the post myself.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:21 pm

The only time you contribute is to advertise your software, you only have to look at your previous posts.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:30 pm

Mark Williams wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:21 pm
The only time you contribute is to advertise your software, you only have to look at your previous posts.
He did say he’s willing to remove his earlier comment and explained his reasoning. I’m sure he’ll consider his approach and presence on this forum going forward.

This person may be pushing some software on this thread, but they’ve also been a huge contributor in music software (especially on iOS), and has (in my experiences) always seemed opened to communication. If it persists, sure, take further measures. In this case, I’d just wait and see if it becomes a nuisance.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:50 pm

His previous posts are no better, and regardless of contribution elsewhere, he hasnt here.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:22 am

Well. This particular post is certainly not related directly to Live. But if you look at the others, they are genuine responses to peoples questions about controlling Live. What next, we crack down on isotonik?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:13 am

LK is a pretty sweet app for Live on iOS. But I think we can all agree it would just be nice if people came and talked about what it is they are creating for Live instead of just promoting it for sale. No need to keep piling on the guy, I think he gets it now.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:57 am

yur2die4 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:22 am
Well. This particular post is certainly not related directly to Live. But if you look at the others, they are genuine responses to peoples questions about controlling Live. What next, we crack down on isotonik?
:-(

Cheers
D

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:04 pm

sinosoidal wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:27 pm
[jur] wrote:
It's hard to not look at this as coming here just to sell your stuff. You're not and have never contributed to the forum.
Unfortunately the For Sale/Wanted sub-forum is currently closed, so I'm moving this to the Lounge, but I'm on the edge as considering this as spam.
I'm not a regular contributor, it is a fact. I use Ableton Live, and it is my favorite DAW since my early times of making music on a computer. For that reason I have created my own Ableton Live controller (LK), but since then I spend more time programming than making music. It is also a fact.

However, the topic of the thread says "Renting software???", which is about software renting, right? So, all I did was to reply in this context. Shameless advertising? I wouldn't call that but, if you think this violates any terms of usage, just let me know and I will delete the post myself.
Thanks for the clarification (and great job with LK) :wink:
Ableton Forum Moderator

sinosoidal

Post by sinosoidal » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:19 am

[jur] wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:04 pm
sinosoidal wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:27 pm
[jur] wrote:

Thanks for the clarification (and great job with LK) :wink:
Thank you! :wink: