Moog mg-1 OR Animoog/ipad for same price

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
adhmzaiusz

Re: Moog mg-1 OR Animoog/ipad for same price

Post by adhmzaiusz » Sun May 20, 2012 1:20 am

For what you can do with an ipad, you might as well go for animoog. That is coming from a guy who already owns a multimoog and a memorymoog. Animoog definitely has a place in the moog roster of synths, it totally has the character. If i were me in your shoes i'd just get both... only cause i'm a synth monger... :wink:

JAMM

Post by JAMM » Sun May 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Ipad.

For the same you get tons off free or cheap synths and Audiotools/ toys.

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun May 20, 2012 8:36 pm

right up my alley sally :)
I'm getting ready to buy an ipad for animoog too but I'm going to either sell an MG-1 or a NordLead to do it (the lead is version 1/expanded) which one would you guys get rid of? I'm completely vexed :cry:

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Tue May 22, 2012 4:39 am

starving student wrote:right up my alley sally :)
I'm getting ready to buy an ipad for animoog too but I'm going to either sell an MG-1 or a NordLead to do it (the lead is version 1/expanded) which one would you guys get rid of? I'm completely vexed :cry:
I'd personally rid of the nord if you have the mg1 working with cv/gate. At least the mg1 will retain it's value... compared to the nord it is worth closer to it's original selling price like most vintage analogs. Otherwise, if monetary value is of no concern and you'd rather the flexibility stick to the nord.

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Tue May 22, 2012 5:15 am

you should be aware that if you get the ipad and and wanting to sync it with your own computer, then maybe you will lose Animoog??
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue May 22, 2012 8:30 am

am wrote:you should be aware that if you get the ipad and and wanting to sync it with your own computer, then maybe you will lose Animoog??
whaaa?

Winterpark

Re: Concermate mg-1 OR Animoog/ipad for same price

Post by Winterpark » Tue May 22, 2012 11:15 am

@SS.... OP says....
o0o wrote:I appreciate all of the responses but I'm not sure which way you guys are leaning, I'm pretty sure I don't want the phatty.
but this seller has the mg-1 and the new ipad animoog and is having me pick which one I want for the same price of $500
it's a good price I know, but I am unsure of which to choose.
i'm just saying, if his choice is between an ipad pre-loaded with animoog... and he wants to sync this second hand ipad to his own computer, i'm pretty sure that it involves wiping it... doesn't it?

maybe i'm wrong?

but whatever... i'd go the MG1.
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue May 22, 2012 5:21 pm

oh I understand now :) lots of people are going through this ipad issue I've never used one but it looks like designing patches would be great on the ipad, as a matter of fact I already own animoog just don't have the ipad yet.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue May 22, 2012 7:45 pm

$500 is a pretty common price for the MG-1 so IMO it comes down to how good of a deal you're getting on the iPad. If it's more than 20% off of the retail price then I would consider it, if not then go for the MG-1.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed May 23, 2012 6:51 pm

hey is the animoog app for the iphone the same one for the ipad cause I own the ipad app but don't own an ipad yet but I do have an iphone lying around here somewhere, wondering if it'll work on that