Completely beginner question regarding MIDI setup on Ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
darkenedsoul

Re: Completely beginner question regarding MIDI setup on Ableton

Post by darkenedsoul » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:14 pm

So you went MIDI out from synth to MIDI in to Presonus (BTW that synth, even though Casio, which I equate to low end, is kinda interesting) and then USB into your system. Do you have any other DAW software you can try this in to see if it works with it? Maybe check out free DAW thats support MIDI and see if it works. It should be working, i.e. getting input into Live if everything is connected properly. In MIDI prefs is there an option for the Presonus for In/Out?
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

Calcious

Post by Calcious » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:47 pm

darkenedsoul wrote:So you went MIDI out from synth to MIDI in to Presonus (BTW that synth, even though Casio, which I equate to low end, is kinda interesting) and then USB into your system. Do you have any other DAW software you can try this in to see if it works with it? Maybe check out free DAW thats support MIDI and see if it works. It should be working, i.e. getting input into Live if everything is connected properly. In MIDI prefs is there an option for the Presonus for In/Out?
Holy shit I got something...I had to set it to 'key' on my synth after all (as opposed to MIDI itself...counter-intuitive or what!?)...so I have the yellow bars bouncing up and down...it's just there's not volume lol! Working on it now...hard part is done though (getting the MIDI to register) and thanks to all for that!

Calcious

Post by Calcious » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Oh shit! I got it working (AND VOLUME)! Woot! Thanks for the help yall! Yall were incredibly helpful!

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:35 am

Gratz, glad it was something on the keyboard end. Now go have fun.
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.