iTunes 11

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
eddiex

Re: iTunes 11

Post by eddiex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:42 pm

simmerdown wrote:i always manual manage, it carried over that setting from before, no probs drag/dropping as always
yeah i sorta figured it out last night. still can't find the "show duplicates" deal though.
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Show duplicates was removed :(

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:31 pm

For those who love Live you'll love the fact that you can no longer have multiple iTunes windows open. Single window interface. :x

steko

Post by steko » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 pm

When a song is playing from a playlist, Cmd-L (go to current song) only works properly if the sidebar is hidden (alt-cmd-s).

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/2012/12/g ... itunes-11/

http://www.mcelhearn.com/2012/12/03/itu ... is-broken/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.mcelhearn.com/2012/12/03/wha ... tunes-for/
Last edited by steko on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:42 pm

updated on Friday morning... didn't use it... hauled ass to work.

had a long lost friend over and some neighbors which turned into a bit of a party Friday night through the wee hours Sunday morning... often, we couldn't find my fucking music. :lol: :oops: :lol:

coincidentally, after buying an album it was easier to find (for a little while)... :x

what is the secret handshake/keyboard combo for show my music when you open instead of the damn store?

fuck you iTunes, vinyl saves!!

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:46 pm

iTunes - only time I ever use it is when I buy some music from the store - every 6 months.

Seriously - how can you use this?

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:14 pm

s'wierd, mine opens strait to library, not store, even when ipod not plugged in

steko

Post by steko » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

andydes

Post by andydes » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:34 pm

eddiex wrote:it also seems like they are making it harder for you to manually manage your music. i have an ipod classic with stuff on it that is not in my library (stuff i lost when my macbook ate it a little while back) i don't want to automatically sync every time i hook it up...im going to lose all of that stuff. they still have the option to manually load music. it just doesn't seem as easy as it was before?
I just used Senuti to grab everything from my iPod (and old stolen computer) onto the new iTunes. Worked fine, if that's any use to you.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:54 pm

andydes wrote:
eddiex wrote:it also seems like they are making it harder for you to manually manage your music. i have an ipod classic with stuff on it that is not in my library (stuff i lost when my macbook ate it a little while back) i don't want to automatically sync every time i hook it up...im going to lose all of that stuff. they still have the option to manually load music. it just doesn't seem as easy as it was before?
I just used Senuti to grab everything from my iPod (and old stolen computer) onto the new iTunes. Worked fine, if that's any use to you.
thats bad ass!!
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:55 pm

andydes wrote:
I use copy trans manager instead.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:49 pm

It kind of surprised me in the past that Apple didn’t provide a built-in way to transfer your tracks back to iTunes because drives do crash and there is a way with your Apple ID for Apple to connect your idevice to your computer so it’s not pirating all over the place.

But at this point with Match being $25 a year there’s no excuse for losing your tracks even when your drive does crash. People are just lazy or skeptical about it. Whatevs.

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:07 pm

beats me wrote:with Match being $25 a year there’s no excuse.
How about the content not available in your country for the next 10 years, because copyright. Because fuck you. excuse? I couldn't even watch a fucking 2 minute Saturday Night Live sketch on the web, because I don't live in the US.

:x

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 pm

Komodovaran wrote:
How about the content not available in your country for the next 10 years, because copyright. Because fuck you. excuse? I couldn't even watch a fucking 2 minute Saturday Night Live sketch on the web, because I don't live in the US.

That’s painful…and a whole other issue. Since I live in the states I’m a little (a lot?) ignorant to what Apple has rolling out where and when and all the legal garbage involved. Can you not use Match for your music?

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 am

beats me wrote:
Komodovaran wrote:

That’s painful…and a whole other issue. Since I live in the states I’m a little (a lot?) ignorant to what Apple has rolling out where and when and all the legal garbage involved. Can you not use Match for your music?
No. :( We only just recently got Netflix, and it's still missing a lot. Hulu is still off limits, as are many other things.

And the labels and studios worry so much about piracy, but apparently not enough to combat it with proper service.

Edit: and then I saw this, which is just ridiculous

More legal jargon.