About to make a 9 beta video, any thing you want covered?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tone61

Re: About to make a 9 beta video, any thing you want covered?

Post by tone61 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:26 am

So now Live9 beta details can be discussed in public?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:40 am

+ 1 to all of it.

*bookmark*

thanks Tom!!

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:42 am

COSM wrote:After biting my tongue for a while, I've been given the go ahead to show of Live 9 (beta) through video, so I thought I'd put it out to the wider community to see what people would like covered. Any topics or particular tasks you'd like to see explained or examples of, please let me know here in the next few hours and I'll make sure I include it.

Cheers!
not going there - until there's a way to use my l8 library I can't participate - I can't do beta testing when I can't use my old content

madness

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 am

tone61 wrote:So now Live9 beta details can be discussed in public?
As Tom is an official Ableton guru, the way I read his original post was that Ableton have given him the go-ahead to do an Ableton-approved Live 9 features/bells & whistles preview video from his perspective. He is kindly asking if we had anything specific we would like covered in his video, which is pretty cool and inclusive I thought!
:D

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:17 am

ian_halsall wrote:
COSM wrote:After biting my tongue for a while, I've been given the go ahead to show of Live 9 (beta) through video, so I thought I'd put it out to the wider community to see what people would like covered. Any topics or particular tasks you'd like to see explained or examples of, please let me know here in the next few hours and I'll make sure I include it.

Cheers!
not going there - until there's a way to use my l8 library I can't participate - I can't do beta testing when I can't use my old content

madness
Ian - could you not just test stuff that doesn't require your Live 8 Libraries, make some new content, whatever?

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”

tone61

Post by tone61 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:33 am

artpunk wrote:
As Tom is an official Ableton guru, the way I read his original post was that Ableton have given him the go-ahead to do an Ableton-approved Live 9 features/bells & whistles preview video from his perspective. He is kindly asking if we had anything specific we would like covered in his video, which is pretty cool and inclusive I thought!
What I meant is
"are other beta testers allowed to do the same?
From now on are people allowed to discuss Live9 outside beta forum?"

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:33 am

tone61 wrote:
artpunk wrote:
What I meant is
"are other beta testers allowed to do the same?
From now on are people allowed to discuss Live9 outside beta forum?"
I wouldn't think so... as Tom is regarded as an official ambassador for Ableton Live and Ableton has given him their blessing to make this video. That in no way suggests any other beta tester has that blessing, that is my interpretation of the situation anyway... Could be wrong!

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:03 pm

artpunk wrote:
ian_halsall wrote:

Cheers!

madness
Ian - could you not just test stuff that doesn't require your Live 8 Libraries, make some new content, whatever?
I could but for me the library is such a big thing that my testing would be rubbish

machine+1

Post by machine+1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:55 pm

I'd like to see why L9 doesn't include native multitouch support in windows 8. :x

Coupe70

Post by Coupe70 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:59 pm

any improvements with midi mapping ?
Phongemeinschaft (Live-ElectroJazz / NuJazz)
Homepage - youtube - Like! :-)
Live 9 (32Bit), HP DV7, i5 2,53GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 (64Bit)

JMFOne

Post by JMFOne » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:19 pm

Id love to see the new EQ8 and Glue Compressor in action Tom and a demonstration of the audio to midi magic.
15" Apple Macbook Pro, mid 2012, 2.6GHz 8GB RAM 750GB HD, Ableton Live 9.2, Virus TI Polar

COSM

Post by COSM » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:37 pm

Apologies for the delay, I posted this question around the internet and the response has been somewhat overwhelmin, and now requires some planning/structure. I also ran into some personal stuff this weekend which has taken priority over everything else, I'll attempt to do this tomorrow.

I've been given permission to do this, I am not sure who else has and I'd check up with the men and woman upstairs if you have any doubt.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:09 pm

Can you explain in the video how the pricing policy works for upgrades.

If you can do that I will buy you a pint.

tone61

Post by tone61 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:15 pm

One beta video about the audio to midi feature was just posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5BSmNZKRe0

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 pm

I recommend you send it to funken for pointers and revision tips first. His site is more visited and respected than yours. :lol: