Push 2

Discuss Push with other users.
tom_d

Re: Push 2

Post by tom_d » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Sternenlicht wrote:Hmm, what i dont understand is: why should i upgrade from Push1 to Push2, is there something what Push 1 cant do ?

The layout looks similar. Only for the improved LCD ?
So far it sounds like the visual sample editing is the main thing Push 1 will miss out. Turning it on for the first time today and remembering just how crappy the display is compared to e.g. Maschine, I can kind of understand why, but a basic form of sample editing on there would be nice (e.g. very low res waveform) - not sure that will happen. Otherwise, it sounds like most of the features should come to Push 1, so it depends how much gearlust you have for that pretty screen. Quite a lot in my case ;)
Ubermap: simple, free bank and parameter remapping for AudioUnit and VST devices for Push and Push 2: http://ubermap.live

Treshell

Post by Treshell » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Sternenlicht wrote:Hmm, what i dont understand is: why should i upgrade from Push1 to Push2, is there something what Push 1 cant do ?

They re-designed the pads, which is something that might be quite an improvement.

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:17 pm

tom_d wrote:

So far it sounds like the visual sample editing is the main thing Push 1 will miss out. Turning it on for the first time today and remembering just how crappy the display is compared to e.g. Maschine, I can kind of understand why, but a basic form of sample editing on there would be nice (e.g. very low res waveform) - not sure that will happen. Otherwise, it sounds like most of the features should come to Push 1, so it depends how much gearlust you have for that pretty screen. Quite a lot in my case ;)
The problem with Push 1 si that it doesn't actually have a matrix-type LCD screen. It's organized into rectangles for individual letters or numbers. You really couldn't display a continuous waveform.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:21 pm

re:dream wrote:Yikes. This is the thing about hardware. You can't get free upgrades. I am going to investigate that 30% discount
I've been chuckling at this deal for a while.

Here's how I understand the Trade In deal. "Give Ableton your Push1 and get no money whatsoever, we will give it to a child"

"We will then give you 30% off a Push 2"

Or to put it another way : if you send us a Push 1 we will give you £149 in vouchers for it.
I don't know what the market value for a used Push 1 is, but I'm guessing more than that.
Last edited by Angstrom on Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[art]

Post by [art] » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:24 pm

It looks fantastic.

Being a full color screen now god knows what updates will come to it over its life cycle, anythings possible really.

And for me, a trade-in program is absolutely amazing.

Music gear horders have got to be some of the most materialistic consumers out there. Knowing that a company is actively buying back your old equipment to me is a huge statement from Ableton, both from a community stand point and environmentally.

Super well done on that one.

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:32 pm

BoddAH wrote: The problem with Push 1 si that it doesn't actually have a matrix-type LCD screen. It's organized into rectangles for individual letters or numbers. You really couldn't display a continuous waveform.
Yeah I know, the actual experience would probably be so crappy there'd be no point doing it. Wonder why the gave it such a crappy screen in the first place, perhaps the tech for cheap enough high res panels wasn't quite there?
Ubermap: simple, free bank and parameter remapping for AudioUnit and VST devices for Push and Push 2: http://ubermap.live

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Angstrom wrote: I don't know what the market value for a used Push 1 is, but I'm guessing more than that.
It probably was more than that 24 hours ago but watch free market capitalism at work once every current Push 1 user puts it on eBay now that Push 2 is announced. :lol:

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:45 pm

BoddAH wrote:
Angstrom wrote: I don't know what the market value for a used Push 1 is, but I'm guessing more than that.
It probably was more than that 24 hours ago but watch free market capitalism at work once every current Push 1 user puts it on eBay now that Push 2 is announced. :lol:
So what you are saying is: For people not into HipHop just wait two weeks and buy a Used Push version 1 for €150 / £100

:lol:

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Angstrom wrote:
BoddAH wrote:
So what you are saying is: For people not into HipHop just wait two weeks and buy a Used Push version 1 for €150 / £100

:lol:
Yeah that's probably a good tip. Push 1 will definitely be a buyer's market in a few days, if it isn't already the case. :mrgreen:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:02 pm

BoddAH wrote:
Yeah that's probably a good tip. Push 1 will definitely be a buyer's market in a few days, if it isn't already the case. :mrgreen:
Push 1 is the on the fron page of e-bay listings atm 8O
So yeah, everyone is trying to sell it now.

Which ironically makes me postpone my selling of Push (which I lost every interest in). There is no way I accept less than 350€ for it. I'd rather keep it and barely use it.
Who knows maybe one day they will release a Midi editor for it and I can finally put it to good use....

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:06 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
BoddAH wrote:

Which ironically makes me postpone my selling of Push (which I lost every interest in). There is no way I accept less than 350€ for it. I'd rather keep it and barely use it.
Who knows maybe one day they will release a Midi editor for it and I can finally put it to good use....
It's down to 399 € on Thomann, NEW with warranty and 30 day return period.

Good luck selling yours for 350. :lol:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:50 pm

BoddAH wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
BoddAH wrote:

It's down to 399 € on Thomann, NEW with warranty and 30 day return period.

Good luck selling yours for 350. :lol:
Why is this giving you joy?!

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:57 pm

TomViolenz wrote:

Schadenfreude. It's a german thing.

Sorry. :oops:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:08 pm

BoddAH wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:

Schadenfreude. It's a german thing.

Sorry. :oops:
I think it's a universal thing, we just were apparently the only ones inventing a word for it :lol:

And yeah, I got caught holding the bag :x
Had planned to sell it for a while, since its limitations as a regular Midi controller turned it into a paper weight for me.
But it seems I waited a tad too long to follow through :(

I'll probably just keep it then, because lower than 350€ would just piss me off.

login

Post by login » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:11 pm

If they ever implement support for two (independent from each other) the second hand Push1 will come handy,