Push 2 or Maschine mk2 ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

push2 or maschine mk2

Poll ended at Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:43 am

push2
94%
mk2
6%

Total votes: 34

beats me

Re: Push 2 or Maschine mk2 ?

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:17 pm

login wrote:I would like a generic controller for synths, something with 32 encoders with a layout dseigned for instruments, not the horrible rows of buttons all manufacturers do.
Some saint of a company needs to make an affordable modular general MIDI controller. Think of how cheap the nano controllers are. So I think $25 - $40 per module with a number of case configurations available would be acceptable.

mekanism1200

Post by mekanism1200 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:44 pm

beats me wrote:
login wrote:I would like a generic controller for synths, something with 32 encoders with a layout dseigned for instruments, not the horrible rows of buttons all manufacturers do.
Some saint of a company needs to make an affordable modular general MIDI controller. Think of how cheap the nano controllers are. So I think $25 - $40 per module with a number of case configurations available would be acceptable.
That would be awesome! Maybe have an included program for midi routing with loadable/editable mapping which can be community driven?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:26 pm

This is another weird poll. Same price range doesn't = same functionality.

I have Push 1 and Maschine Studio. The crossover is in things like sampling and drumming, both do them, well. Maschine doesn't really do keyboard type instruments well, Push has the advantage there if you're OK with their approach, though I'm not that fascinated with the instrument mode in Push. I will say that Maschine IMO handles percussion in general a bit better, more features in step recording etc. and in general after looking at the Push 2 feature set I would still say Maschine Studio anyway is a better studio tool.

That said, I'm not much of a keyboard guy, most key stuff I do live is simple, I mainly play guitar live. So Push is 100% better for live performance what with Scene launching, keyboard mode, 64 drum pad mode etc.

If you're worried about your percussive tracks more than anything else get Maschine, if you're interested in integration with Live and performing live, then Push 2 is the one. I think if you only use Live, never work in another DAW then Push 2 is a no brainer. If you work in Pro Tools, Logic, DP etc. then Maschine makes a lot of sense.

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:18 pm

Maschine mk2 has been out for a few years now. I'm sure mk3 is around the corner. Sound familiar? I don't know if I would buy NI hardware again, they got quite a reputation for dropping support and making things obsolete, like Rig Kontrol.

Push 2 is definitely more future proof for the next 3 years anyway.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:11 am

Division Monarchy wrote: Push 2 is definitely more future proof for the next 3 years anyway.
Isn't NI still supporting Maschine released 2009? If so, your 3 years thing tells no advantage...